Keyword

Link K2 article to images in Simple Image Gallery

• Paul Uhl
  • Paul Uhl's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #149590 by Paul Uhl
I have a series of articles I created in K2 items. Simple Image Gallery Pro is being used to manage the images for those articles. The images for each article have been uploaded using the Image Gallery tab in K2, which then creates a gallery in SIG for that article.

If I create a new article in K2 is there any way to link to an image or a gallery of images already in Simple Image Gallery?
Or do I have to upload duplicate sets of images for each article that needs them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #149604 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Link K2 article to images in Simple Image Gallery
Hello,

If the image exists at the server, not as a K2 image (uploaded through the K2 image tab), then you can reuse it. In any other case you have to upload it.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Paul Uhl
More
8 years 5 months ago #149637 by Paul Uhl
Well then a Feature Request . . .

In K2 on the "Content" tab the Simple Image Gallery Pro plugin appears and allows you to link to images uploaded via K2.

Would be great if that plugin was also available on the Image and Image Gallery tabs.

Thanks

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #149676 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Link K2 article to images in Simple Image Gallery
The image gallery tab is in fact the button. It allows to upload a gallery into the post.

You can also swap the image of your template with an image gallery in the overrides. Furthermore you can use extrafields to display additional galleries.

The possibilities with SigPro and K2 are pretty much endless.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Paul Uhl
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #149761 by Paul Uhl
I was looking for a solution that a non-Joomla/K2 person could utilize. Something as straight forward and intuitive as the Simple Image Gallery Pro button below the text field on the Content tab OR providing that capability in the "Create new image gallery or edit existing one" popup. Our clients work in the backend adding and updating content and writing and override is beyond their abilities.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Paul Uhl. Reason: Additional information