Keyword

Is K2 slowing down my site?

• Steve Hare
  • Steve Hare's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #151767 by Steve Hare
Is K2 slowing down my site? was created by Steve Hare
For many years I have had an issue with a very slow site.

I have tried everything I could think of to fix the site and even paid some experts to look at it without any luck of speeding things up.

I figured something within the site's code was messed up and as a last resort I decided to rebuild the site.

So, I created a subdirectory and installed a new Joomla (3.0) installation. Obviously it was very fast after being installed.

Next, I installed the extensions I had previously used in the current site and still everything was working great.

Then, I exports the tables for my extensions from the current site and began importing them to the new site one by one. Everything went fine until I imported the K2 tables.

I have 2,398 k2 items. As soon as I finished the import I went to the new site and immediately noticed the site was taking a very long time to load. As a matter of fact, I started writing this post after I tried to access the site and here I am with it still not loaded.

Here's the current site: www.ohiovarsity.com

Here's the new joomla site: ovnew.ohiovarsitybasketball.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steve Hare
More
8 years 2 months ago #151768 by Steve Hare
Replied by Steve Hare on topic Is K2 slowing down my site?
I have been toying around with the new site.

When I set the home page to a joomla item it opens right up. When I set it up to k2 categories it takes FOREVER.

I have deleted about 600 items to see if that makes a difference. So far it hasn't.

• Steve Hare
More
8 years 2 months ago #151770 by Steve Hare
Replied by Steve Hare on topic Is K2 slowing down my site?
I'm now down to 1,516 K2 items (I deleted the rest...this is on the new site, the current site still has all items).

It seems faster, but it hangs at time as well.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #151792 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Is K2 slowing down my site?
Hello,

I am getting a mySQL error in your site www.ohiovarsity.com/schools/chagrin-valley-conference/berkshire-badgers

This is caused by a module. Once you find which module is causing this (unpublish them one by one), this might solve the speed issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)