Keyword

Can't view user profiles unless a published item is assigned

More
7 years 10 months ago #154932 by Alexander
thanks alot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #154942 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Can't view user profiles unless a published item is assigned
You 're welcome Alexander.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #157891 by Filip
I understand protection, that's fine and good to have, but what if I want to show author's name (for example in Comments module, Latest comments, I want comment authors to be seen there). There's no option as in Top Commenters to disable link to user page and show just name... You (developers) need to go through all possible places where link is created instead of plain unlinked username / name of author if you want to enable author's names but disable links if no items are published by that author.

Therefore, I think it would be best to keep this option, but to make it as parameter in K2 config, so this parameter would enable / disable linkage at global K2 extensions level.

Unitl then, it would be good to add an extra message when user is redirected to homepage why it happened, such as: "This user has no published items and you can not visit his / her profile page."

I presume answer would be "already done" with link to dev version @git as usually is :)
Thank you once again for K2!
Cheers!

never walk alone

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #157898 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Can't view user profiles unless a published item is assigned
Actually you presumed correctly, the global option has been implemented in the DEV version. however I have to check the links on the modules.
Thank you for reporting this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)