Keyword

SOLVED - K2 Item Images Cannot be Added!!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #156047 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic URGENT! K2 Item Images Cannot be Added!!
Thank you for letting us know Sarah :)

Now... @Gary

Have you seen this thread www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/45116-solved-image-upload-error-k2-7-and-j3-5?limitstart=0 ?

This is not a coding issue, as per PHP's manual the code is correct but in some versions the result is a string instead of an integer. The ;TLDR version is, we changed the code in the repo.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #156075 by Gary Hewitt
Replied by Gary Hewitt on topic SOLVED - K2 Item Images Cannot be Added!!
Yes this code fix works, but I would reiterate if I am changing code, then this is a code issue, or a PHP version issue, or a Joomla / k2 talking together issue. So code issue. I know Joomla changed a lot of code, have you guys asked them what they changed so that either they can fix this globally, or you can fix your code to make this work for everyone? I don't have access to PHP 7 or I would change it. I tried 5.6, 5.5, and a version of 5.4 and it didn't work without changing the code. Changing === to == does this affect other versions of Joomla, or higher version of PHP?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #156082 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic SOLVED - K2 Item Images Cannot be Added!!
There is an explanation on that thread on how this as per PHP's documentation is correct and it only affects certain PHP versions.

This change is already included in our repo (DEV version) so the new version contains the == code.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)