Keyword

Editing of an existing item not working anymore

• Randolph
  • Randolph's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #157443 by Randolph
Hello!

After upgrading to K 2.7.1 the frontend editing function of an existing K2 item is not working anymore. It's just opening a modal dialog, closes this after some seconds and than reloads the K2 menu . In the dev console I do see

VM4588:238Uncaught TypeError: (intermediate value)(intermediate value)(...) is not a function(anonymous function) @ VM4588:238(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2globalEval @ jquery.min.js:2Ha @ jquery.min.js:3append @ jquery.min.js:3(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:3Y @ jquery.min.js:3html @ jquery.min.js:3(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:4i @ jquery.min.js:2fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2y @ jquery.min.js:4c @ jquery.min.js:4

Any ideas?

Joomla 3.6.2 used with K2 2.7.1

Thanks
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #157453 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Editing of an existing item not working anymore
Hello Frank,

This is a JS conflict (captain obvious)
The stack does not point me somewhere specific, although the actual error leads me here -> stackoverflow.com/questions/23370269/jquery-autosize-plugin-error-intermediate-value-is-not-a-function

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #157549 by Frank
Hi Krikor,

pointing to the stackoverflow page does not help me. Just upgrading from 2.6.9 to 2.71 and the Frontend Item Creation (see my other forum message) and the Frontend editing of an existing item is not working anymore. If 2.6.9 would still work with latest Joomla 3.6.2 I would downgrade to 2.6.9 because there everything was working really good.

Would be awesome if you would have an idea how to get the Frontend features back running because I only changed K2 nothing else.

Cheers
Frank

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #157573 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Editing of an existing item not working anymore
Hello Frank,

Can you send me a screenshot of the code mentioned in the errors?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #157805 by Frank
Hello Krikor,

this is the screenshot of the error I receive if the user tries to edit an exisiting item. imgur.com/a/r6ZRF
If you click and the mentioned file VM774:238 - the chrome debugger just shows an empty file - no code nothing.
Any ideas why? If you like I can PM you the credentials and you can have a look.

I just figured out something - if I hover over the ItemEditLink I do see the following url index.php/ideas/edit/7475?tmpl=component&ml=1 which leads to the subscribed problem. If I manually go to index.php/ideas/edit/7475 or index.php/ideas/edit/7475?tmpl=component the editing of an existing idea works fine. Also the non-sef url index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=60&cid=7475&lang=en&task=edit&tmpl=component&view=item works fine. But the url index.php/ideas/edit/7475?tmpl=component&ml=1 does not work. Any ideas for what the &ml=1 parameter stands for?

On my production site which is on K2 2.6.9 and Joomla 3.5.x I do see the ItemEditLink as index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=60&cid=7475&lang=en&task=edit&tmpl=component&view=item&ml=1 which works there fine. I have configured K2 for using SEF and my system uses sh404sef

Thanks for your support
Frank
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Frank. Reason: updating some notes about itemeditlink url

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #157810 by Krikor Boghossian
It is the line 238 that is providing the issue, from what I can tell from the screenshot.
Can you send me a screenshot of these lines?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
7 years 7 months ago #157866 by Frank
Hello Krikor,

I do see that the line is 238 but opening the debugger link just shows an empty page within chrome. But I found the problem within the template item.php - I removed class="modal" which has this strange side effect - somehow linked to the upcoming lightbox - now I open the link just in a blank page and thats it. Frontend editing of an existing item is working again.

<span class="itemEditLink">
<a class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>">
<?php echo JText::_('K2_EDIT_ITEM'); ?>
</a>
</span>

Cheers
Frank

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #157878 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic [SOLVED] Editing of an existing item not working anymore
Nice to hear that the issue has been resolved Frank :)

You can even give the new code a try:
		<span class="itemEditLink">
			<a data-k2-modal="edit" href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>"><?php echo JText::_('K2_EDIT_ITEM'); ?></a>
		</span>

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---