Keyword

Crash on K2 category pages after Joomla 3.7.0 / 3.7.1 update

• Simon C
  • Simon C's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #162082 by Simon C
Hi.

I have been investigating a crash that has been occurring on K2 category pages since updating my site to 3.7.0 and 3.7.1. The error only occurs when Joomla's debug mode is enabled, so it's not an issue for our live sites, but does make like difficult for testing.

The error is:

Exception
Serialization of 'Closure' is not allowed
.../libraries/joomla/cache/controller/callback.php:184

I've tracked the error down to the fact that K2's TableK2Category class extends JTable.

The TableK2Category object is being dumped into the Joomla cache and when debug mode is enabled it includes the PHP call stack. And since Joomla 3.7, this call stack now includes closures, which are crashing the cache controller when it tries to serialise the object.

I have also posted this on Joomla's issue tracker here: github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/16185, and the conclusion in that discussion was that the solution would be to implement Serializable for JTable so that the serialisation can be controlled and exclude the database object (which is what contains the call stack). However I felt it was worth raising with here K2 as well as it would equally be possible for K2 to implement Serializable on TableK2Category or K2Table and tackle it from there.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Simon C. Reason: code tags don't improve readability; switching to bold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #162088 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Crash on K2 category pages after Joomla 3.7.0 / 3.7.1 update
Thank you Simon for reporting this.
We will investigate this for 2.8.0

I will post this on Github so you can track the progress.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Simon C
  • Simon C's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #162118 by Simon C
Thank you. Please provide a link to the Github issue so I can track it.

Do you have an ETA on when 2.8 will be released?
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Simon C.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #162120 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Crash on K2 category pages after Joomla 3.7.0 / 3.7.1 update
Here is the link: github.com/getk2/k2/issues/394

Unfortunately I do not have an exact ETA for 2.8

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
6 years 11 months ago #162124 by Sandra Lamberg
hi there,

i have the problem that all k2 category content is not shown after the update to joomla 3.7.

the page is not set to debug mode. still no content shown which is quite a serious problem for me and my client because it´s harming his business.

whats your solution?

if i get it right k2 itself does NOT provide technical support. it feels a bit like nobody feels responsible. i´m usually not that impatient but this is serious trouble for me and my client and since there is also no simple way to migrate to another extension like ZOO, i could only undo the update and put the page into security problems. any ideas how to handle that?

kr sandra

More
6 years 11 months ago #162125 by Sandra Lamberg
hi simon,
my page is not set to debug mode in global configurations and i still don´t see the k2 category content. do i have to change that somewhere else than in the global configuration?
kr sandra

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #162126 by Krikor Boghossian
Sandra if K2 is not proving any support what am I doing here?

Make sure to clear Joomla!'s cache and try to repair your database's tables.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
6 years 11 months ago #162128 by Sandra Lamberg
hi Krikor,
you just wrote me an email a few minutes ago that k2 doesn´t provide technical support. so i appreciate a lot that you answer here now. i also searched on github for a solution. very complicating. however.

i cleared joomla cache. i deleted expired cache. i checked and repaired the with RSFirewall database check. i cleared browser cache.

still don´t see the content of the categories: www.omanbros.com/support

kr sandra

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #162130 by Krikor Boghossian
We do not provide support over email, as you can see there is a community forum where support is handled.

This is a zen-tools modules which is provided by a different developer.
We are not affiliated with that module.

K2's default component views www.omanbros.com/neuigkeiten are working as expected. K2 Tools is also working properly.

Is the default K2 module having any issues?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
6 years 11 months ago #162134 by Sandra Lamberg
/neuigkeiten also uses the zen-tools and it is also not displayed correctly as i can see. but it IS displayed at least.

but what you are saying is, that it is not k2 causing the problem but the zen-tools?