Keyword

K2 500 Error as Default page

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #162214 by Nik
K2 500 Error as Default page was created by Nik
Hi all,

Working on a site ive inherited here which uses K2. Latest release of Joomla with content brought across from 2.5. Default page set as Home in the main menu and Home is a K2 category item which basically displayed a bunch of stuff. All was working well, then I went into the options tab to make it mirror the old 2.5 site. As soon as I saved these options, the homepage resulted in a blank white page with the heading '500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR'.

Nothing in the server logs (apart from some PHP Notices re: variable assignments in the templates error.php file - but these dont matter). I have managed to extract this error from the hidden part of the theme error page:-

Cannot access protected property Exception::$message: Layout category_item_links not found. - Does anyone know what this means?

There are 2 other K2 Content modules created and showing up just fine on the homepage (they display only post / article titles no content). However the main K2 content element is the one causing the problem. I've tried deleting the menu item containing it & recreating, no joy there either.

Until I edited the 'options' on the tab for the menu item containing it, this all worked fine, that was the only change, and of course having now deleted the broken item & recreated from scratch it should be fine but it now isnt. What is going on?

The only way I got the page back is to create another menu item of another type, assign it to default, and then the page loads, showing the 2 smaller K2 content elements and they work, but not the main K2 Content element, which displays nothing, and when the only item on the page is it, it errors 500.

Your help would be much appreciated.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Nik.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #162217 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 500 Error as Default page
Layout category_item_links not found

A required core file might be missing. Which version of K2 are you using and what is the actual PHP error recorded in your error_log?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.