Keyword

REQUEST load all overrides

• Rakesh
  • Rakesh's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #162589 by Rakesh
REQUEST load all overrides was created by Rakesh
For the Category setting: Display Settings > Category item layout > Select a template >

ALL published template overrides should be loaded. Just like the list of the Module positions does, showing all the templates and its positions.

Right now I have a default template but for K2 I assigned a different template. Creating a very complex situation for creating com_k2 overrides.

Now I need to create folders structures within the default html even tho it is not selected for K2.

It would be so much more logical to load all com_k2 folders of all templates!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rakesh
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #162590 by Rakesh
Replied by Rakesh on topic REQUEST load all overrides
I also noticed that the override itemform.php does not load in the newly created override folder (other then default). It only uses the folder 'default'. This is also very confusing.

I wanted to adjust the css of the itemform.php view but that doesn't work either since it doesn't use the newly created override folder.

The Edit Item button on the frontend opens the itemform.php with the default template, not the template loaded by the assigned template for that menu item. Making it all even more complex.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Rakesh.

• Rakesh
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #162591 by Rakesh
Replied by Rakesh on topic REQUEST load all overrides
Since the default template is loaded with the itemform.php I need to adjust the css of the default template.
Not sure how I can create of css override for this itemform.php and where to locate it.

Also I noticed the bootstrap.min.css of the default template is controlling many paramaters of k2 css. making it more difficult to adjust css overrides.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Rakesh.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #162608 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic REQUEST load all overrides
Hello,

This is not possible, even if you managed this, Joomla! would not know which template to pick in order to display the view.

You would have to assign the (Joomla!) template in the menu item and on all of its children or you would break the site.

Since the default template is loaded with the itemform.php I need to adjust the css of the default template.
Not sure how I can create of css override for this itemform.php and where to locate it.

You can use the K2.css file, or you can add your edits in the (Joomla!) template's stylesheet.

Also I noticed the bootstrap.min.css of the default template is controlling many paramaters of k2 css. making it more difficult to adjust css overrides.

Bootstrap styles all elements so you need to use a custom template if you want to work past BS.

Finally if you want to use a different Joomla! template for the itemform, you need to map the itemform into a menu item as an iframe, where you can choose the Joomla! template and the modules you want shown.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)