Keyword

Joomla 4.0 testing

• william white
  • william white's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #163326 by william white
Joomla 4.0 testing was created by william white
Was doing some testing to see what is coming up next. Has anyone tried installing either the github masterk2.zip or 2.7.1. ver of k2 with the J40.dev?
I am getting errors on both install scripts
With k2-master i get error Undefined Method MysqliDriver::Query() at k2-master\script.k2.php on line 316
So far all my templates and overrides have moved up thru the 3.x j upgrades with no problems, so i was just checking to see whats up next.
wjwjr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #163327 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Joomla 4.0 testing
Hello William,

We have not yet tried J!4.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• william white
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #163333 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Joomla 4.0 testing
I think it may be "ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8" in the query construct as there are others above it that seem to work and when this one tries to run it fails.
I am also guessing that since k2 is still compatiable with many versions of J that the install has to figure out what its installing on as well somewhere, havent read the code yet.
Can you send me email so i can get in touch directly with you. I guess you can fetch my email from my forum member data.
thanks
wjwjr

More
6 years 8 months ago #163336 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Joomla 4.0 testing
Although this should not matter in PHP 5.x, I'm guessing you're using PHP 7 and perhaps there's some strict mode that makes methods case-sensitive. If that's the case, I have changed the 2 leftover $db->Query() instances (with a capital Q) to just $db->query(). Fixed on GitHub. Try once more please. If that's not the case and you still get issues, then perhaps the related methods were removed, in which case we'll have to adapt pretty much any file in K2 that fetches data from the DB...

However, by the time Joomla 4 is out, K2 will be very different already and a lot less Joomla-framework-crap dependant.

The storage type definition (InnoDB) that you mentioned is not an issue. It just dictates that the tables be created using InnoDB as the storage engine which is also the default storage engine used by Joomla.

(good to have you back) :)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• william white
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #163350 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Joomla 4.0 testing
I was using php 5.*
Using 7.* i get a shorter message that does not give program reference, but im pretty sure its 311 in scriphk2.php from git master download
0 Call to undefined method Joomla\Database\Mysqli\MysqliDriver::query()
I will try again later when we get closer to see whats changing. I have not encountered any difficulties while moving K2 from 1.5 to the latest 3. version over the years.
I continue to watch J emulate many of the things i was using with the first versions i used with J1.5. Emulating K2 functionality should be taken as the greatest form of Flattery, ive/We here have been using a better mousetrap all along!

Ive been pretty buzy with work (training new people) and also riding and resting some. Hopefully as i slow down a bit i will get a chance to be more active.