Keyword

Some k2 tags giving 500 error

• Suzie H
  • Suzie H's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #163663 by Suzie H
Some k2 tags giving 500 error was created by Suzie H
I believe this started happening with the latest k2 upgrade. I have20 + menu links set up to display articles with a particular k2 tags. All of a sudden 3 of these menu links are throwing a 500 error. The rest work fine. They are all going to the same k2 category. I have double checked that the settings are the same. Turning on error reported does not give me anything more than the 500. I put a ticket into the host and they cannot get a better error message and they advised I put a ticket into k2. I tried changing the layout parameters from default to most recent as described in one of the threads in this forum but no joy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe this started happening with the latest k2 upgrade. I have20 + menu links set up to display articles with a particular k2 tags. All of a sudden 3 of these menu links are throwing a 500 error. The rest work fine. They are all going to the same k2 category. I have double checked that the settings are the same. Turning on error reported does not give me anything more than the 500. I put a ticket into the host and they cannot get a better error message and they advised I put a ticket into k2. I tried changing the layout parameters from default to most recent as described in one of the threads in this forum but no joy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: ALSO whenever I try to submit this with a hyperlink to a page that is getting the error, this post gets a rejected saying potentially spam.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Suzie H.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #163686 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Some k2 tags giving 500 error
Try adding the link without the http:// part.
A 500 error is a generic error, please enable error reporting or look at your error_log to see the actual issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Suzie H
  • Suzie H's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #163706 by Suzie H
Replied by Suzie H on topic Some k2 tags giving 500 error
Both I and the host tried this but could not get anything.. Here is the reply from the host

"I did try everything to shed some light on it. Tried to read error apache logs- there was nothing. Tried changing PHP version on your hosting and clearing Joomla! cache.
Please reach K2 developers directly, maybe they will have another suggestion, so we will be able to check it further.

Janis Miciopulos | Support & System Administrator"

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #163725 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Some k2 tags giving 500 error
Enable error reporting from Joomla!'s global configuration to find the issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)