Keyword

How to credit two authors

• Steven Trooster
  • Steven Trooster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 7 months ago #179526 by Steven Trooster
How to credit two authors was created by Steven Trooster
On out site we regularly have two authors or a writer and a photographer whom we want to give credit for the article published. I know technically there's only one 'owner' (creator) of the article and his/her profile can ben shown beneath the text. And to give credit to both you could use the author alias field. But that leaves out the profile and the articles by the same author.

Is there a way, i.e. through an extra field, to give credit to the second author? And preferably not only in just a plain text field, but also enabling a link to the second profile page. Is there a plugin for this? I would like to see a list of current enabled K2 authors to choose from when editing the article, and having the user id stored, rather than the full name. So you could create a link to the author based on the id. 

Has anyone come up with a solution for this?
The topic has been locked.
More
2 years 7 months ago #179538 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic How to credit two authors
There is no plugin that I know of to be honest. But of course it's relatively easy to create a plugin that allows the item editor to select one or more users for content attribution. You can always sponsor the development of such a plugin if you like: we develop it and then release it for everyone to use. If you're interested, just contact us here: www.joomlaworks.net/support/get-help/contact

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
The topic has been locked.