Keyword

K2 for Joomla 4

• Gary Hewitt
  • Gary Hewitt's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #181396 by Gary Hewitt
K2 for Joomla 4 was created by Gary Hewitt
Reading your posts on getk2.org about Joomla 4, I don't understand from your writing if K2 v2.11.20230505 works with Joomla 4. If after upgrading to Joomla 4 there is a K2 upgrade once doing so. Or you still haven't released a K2 version for Joomla 4. Can you clarify? Joomla gave me a warning before upgrading to Joomla 4 that your product could cause issues.

Since a bunch of older sites run K2 for all pages, if K2 does not work on Joomla 4 then I am hooped. Either I dump K2 and rebuild all my client's sites on the base article creator out of Joomla, or I scrap Joomla altogether and move to Wordpress. It is too bad Joomla seems to be on this downward trend and probably soon disappear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 days ago #181443 by TheAnt
Replied by TheAnt on topic K2 for Joomla 4
Hi, I converted my 2 k2 sites to Joomla Core using K2 to Content Migration. Of course it doesn't migrate all, but almost all. The last K2 update celebrated its birthday a week ago, I think there is not much more to say. They certainly have their reasons, we have others.

• Gary Hewitt
  • Gary Hewitt's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 months 4 days ago #181444 by Gary Hewitt
Replied by Gary Hewitt on topic K2 for Joomla 4
I just did the same. K2 is dead to me. Won't ever use it again. Going all in on Wordpress sites in the future. Joomla has messed up their system quite severely. If you are already abandoning ver 4 and going to 5, in little more than a year, it is a telltale statement that you don't know what you are doing and have no direction. I also noticed that there are quite a few Extension developers haven't moved to 4 or 5. Wordpress is just an easier system and there are way more plugins to use that take Wordpress far beyond anything Joomla could muster. Goodbye K2.

• Chris van der Westhuizen
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #181529 by Chris van der Westhuizen
Replied by Chris van der Westhuizen on topic K2 for Joomla 4
I can not portray my disgust with K2 putting us in the situation we are in now. I Hate the way you betrayed us. I am for the last year in the awkward position where I cannot upgrade our site due to thousands of K2 pages and categories intertwined that cannot be handled in any other platform component. I went for K2 because of their excellent ratings and always updated software that stood the test of time from the earliest versions. Never would I ever expected to run into the scenario we are in now.  Why not made K2 a paid component and continue developing, you surely had something going for. , and my career is going down the drain soon if I do not find a viable solution. I would have never in my life thought that K2 wold drop us like this.
K2. On your home page please add a "3" to your heading, to read: "Introducing K2, the powerful content extension for Joomla 3!
And while you are at it take the following out, since it will not apply any longer "It's no wonder that K2 powers some of the biggest and most popular Joomla! sites ever built worldwide!" I can imagine these companies would have paid for a new J4 version, unless it is a lie. At least they maintain the J3 version to be compatible with PHP8. Hmm. maybe I should not post this while I am upset, but here it goes.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #181536 by Claire Roach
Replied by Claire Roach on topic K2 for Joomla 4
I'm in the same situation. My site is SO complex, there's no way I can transfer it to any other platform. There's 100000s of pages and I heavily modified k2 in a way that's impossible to recreate on Wordpress.

I can't get PHP working above 7.4, I can't update to new versions of joomla and even my template won't update unless I'm on j4 - I am completely screwed.