Keyword

additional fields does not save data with SSL

• Franco Camana
  • Franco Camana's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #181472 by Franco Camana
additional fields does not save data with SSL was created by Franco Camana
Hi, K2 works but it no longer saves the data in the additional fields, in the backend it seems to save the data, but when I re-enter they were not saved,
PHP 7.3.33
Joomla! 3.9.24
K2 ver 2.11
if I remove SSL it works, in the server log files
I see an error
ModSecurity: Warning. Pattern match "^login$" at ARGS:task. [file "/etc/httpd/conf/modsecurity.d/rules/custom/003_i360_2_"]

Can you help me, thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 days ago #181519 by LeonPike
Replied by LeonPike on topic additional fields does not save data with SSL
Try to disable the ModSecurity rule that is blocking the login task. You can do this by editing the .htaccess file in your Joomla root folder and adding the following code:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecRuleRemoveById 003_i360_2
</IfModule>

Hope useful

More
2 months 1 day ago - 2 months 1 day ago #181522 by Frank Harrington
Replied by Frank Harrington on topic additional fields does not save data with SSL
The error message you provided indicates that there's a ModSecurity rule triggering a warning when the task parameter in the request matches the pattern "^login$". This might be interfering with the saving of data in additional fields in :
  1. Review ModSecurity Rules: Examine the ModSecurity rules that are in place, particularly those related to the task parameter. You may need to modify or disable certain rules to allow legitimate requests to go through without interference.
  2. Disable Problematic Rule: If you have identified the specific rule causing the issue, you can try temporarily disabling it to see if it resolves the problem. However, be cautious when disabling ModSecurity rules, as it may affect the security of your website.
  3. Update ModSecurity Rules: Ensure that your ModSecurity rules are up-to-date. Sometimes outdated or overly strict rules can cause unnecessary blocking of legitimate requests. [google]()
  4. Check K2 Configuration: Review the configuration settings in K2 to ensure that everything is set up correctly. Make sure there are no conflicting settings that could be causing the issue.
  5. SSL Configuration: Double-check your SSL configuration to ensure that it's correctly set up and compatible with your Joomla website. Ensure that SSL is properly configured for all pages and resources to avoid any mixed content issues.
  6. Logging and Debugging: Enable logging and debugging in both Joomla and ModSecurity to gather more information about the requests and responses. This can help identify the exact cause of the problem.
  7. Consult with Hosting Provider: If you're unsure about how to modify ModSecurity rules or troubleshoot the issue further, consider reaching out to your hosting provider for assistance. They may be able to provide insights or make adjustments on the server side to resolve the problem.
Last edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Frank Harrington.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #181526 by Rugent Trimoyre
Replied by Rugent Trimoyre on topic additional fields does not save data with SSL
The issue with Git is that it uses the "Linux" crypto backend by default, which causes issues when using Windows. As of Git for Windows 2.14, you can set Git to use the built-in Windows networking layer, as the crypto backend.