Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Tool for importing exporting items to from K2)

• Individual IT
29 Jan 2013 11:53
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Category: English K2 Community

Hi,
the extension is made and tested for K2 2.4.x and 2.5.x

check the K2 MySQL table what happends when you save an item manually and maybe we can figure out how to automate the saving.
  • Claude
29 Jan 2013 11:02

Hello there at Individual IT,
I used your component to import data from an LibreOffice file.
Everything is working fine and items are created in K2 (v2.6.1) ... but they are not automatically saved so I have to open and save each item individually, and I cannot do that with more than 1600 items loaded this way.

My dates have the corret format you are mentionning (I use LibreOffice and I checked with a text editor) and they are well recorded in K2.

So, do you have any other way to auto-save these item when importing ?
Thanks in anticipation for a swift reply ....
  • Individual IT
24 Jan 2013 03:46
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

The date format has to be YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss e.g. 2011-03-02 11:25:00
Check the file with a text editor. Exel & Calc & Co. often change the date format.

About the publish. What version of K2 and Joomla do you use?
  • wintercorn
23 Jan 2013 14:57
Replied by wintercorn on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Just installed it and it works great except for a couple of things.

All items uploaded have a Created date of 30/11/1999 - 00:00 despite the csv containing a date of 22/01/2013 13:47:00 which is the same format as the export I did.

Also, when uploaded they don't appear on the frontend even though published. It requires me to unpublish and then publish them to appear correctly.

Any ideas?
  • Individual IT
13 Jan 2013 14:48

1. Download the actual version
2. Check the documentation of Joomla 3.0
3. change the code

If you are seriously interested in changing the extension I can send you it for free.
  • Stéphane Lumbroso
12 Jan 2013 13:31
Replied by Stéphane Lumbroso on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

:blush:
Do you know how can i do ?
  • Individual IT
12 Jan 2013 12:47

at the moment the software is just tested under joomla 1.5-2.5
  • Stéphane Lumbroso
12 Jan 2013 07:29
Replied by Stéphane Lumbroso on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Hello
I buy com_k2import_0.9a
I want to export in k2 in joomla 3
it is possible ??
  • Individual IT
06 Jan 2013 09:23

Hi,
sorry I cannot watch the complete forum but I try to answer the questions in this thread.

Here is the Instructions for the K2 import/export component.

Its imports and exports K2 items. So you eather could create a CSV based on my example or you just create some K2 items and hit the export button, then you get a nice example file.
P.S. In my experience LibreOffice handles the CSV files better than Excel.

Hope that helps, if not ask again.
  • Sunil Sinha
05 Jan 2013 02:57
Replied by Sunil Sinha on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Bought the component a couple of days ago. Need help badly in importing over 15,000 Joomla articles. Left the message in this forum but no response. See here: getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/167370-K2-Import--Export-09---How-to-use-it

Thanks.
  • Individual IT
25 Nov 2012 11:49

Sorry for the late answer I didn't get any emails even I subscribed to the forum :-(

For importing images you need to give the whole path of the image. e.g. you can put them in the tmp directory. see the example file on my page: www.individual-it.net/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html
  • Brian Gislason
31 Oct 2012 13:52
Replied by Brian Gislason on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Need to import images. I don't understand where to find the image information in the K2 so it can be put in the CSV. I already had to modify the CSV file to allow change to access level. I really need to get the images imported as well. I've been messing with this for 2 days and it's eating much of my time. Your directions for importing images is not very clear.
  • Ralf Longwitz
22 Oct 2012 09:48
Replied by Ralf Longwitz on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

I now found that my images are actually imported correctly in spite of the error message. Now I cleared the gallery columns, and the error messages are gone. So the problem was the gallery images, not the main item images. Perhaps because I don't have the gallery extension installed.

There's still another problem:
After importing the 25 items of my test file, the importer keeps importing infinitely.
The item title will be like this:

Imported Item - 2012-10-22 09:45:57

Any idea?

(This is now K2Import v. 0.9stable)
  • Ralf Longwitz
22 Oct 2012 09:21
Replied by Ralf Longwitz on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Importing items using Libre Office csv works fine for me, except images. Images are in a folder on the server. The message I get for all images are like this:

importing items, please stand by
items were imported, but with some problems:
row: 2 - save item -
could not copy the file 002611.jpg
Row: 2 / memory peak: 22 MB

When the link to the images is wrong I get the expected "not found" message, so the path should be ok.
What else could be wrong?

Thank you!

---
J! 2.5.7
K2 2.6.1
K2Import 0.9a
php5.3 (XAMPP)
  • gerald sisimayi
11 Oct 2012 15:20
Replied by gerald sisimayi on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

perfectly understood. thanx. I guess its a manual reload. no problem.
  • Individual IT
11 Oct 2012 15:05

I will take some time off from 12.10.2012 till 29.10.2012. Please don't expect support in that time. Please contact me after the 29.10.2012 B)
  • Individual IT
11 Oct 2012 14:59

As its says in the description the tool can import images but not export them. The reason is the way K2 stores them.
  • gerald sisimayi
11 Oct 2012 14:17
Replied by gerald sisimayi on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Hmmm,

Ok I understand. It would still be long for me since I have over 100 questions with some have 10 - 30 options - I wanted to avoid entering all this but thanx good sir, I get the idea.

I more question - I have a database on the system - How would I export its pictures,? I cannot see the picture column

Thanx in advance
  • Individual IT
11 Oct 2012 14:04

first create the extra field in K2, associate it with a group and greate 2 or 3 items in this group with the different possible extra field values.
The make an export with the k2 import / export tool and you have an example file you can work with,
  • gerald sisimayi
10 Oct 2012 16:00

Hello there,

Thanx for replying. What I mean is - say I want to import a field called eye colour, I also want to bring in its options such as brown, green, grey etc - how would I do this ?

Thx
Displaying 341 - 360 out of 442 results.