Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Tool for importing exporting items to from K2)

• Individual IT
10 Oct 2012 15:48
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Category: English K2 Community

what do you mean by "options" the "extra fields"?
  • gerald sisimayi
10 Oct 2012 13:59
Replied by gerald sisimayi on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Hello,

Great little application. I have used it to import successfully but my question is how to I import actual options for a K2 Item?
  • Individual IT
09 Oct 2012 13:59
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Text has to be included between " " then a , is also no problem

Should look like:

"Title","Alias","Introtext"
"Title Article1","alias-title-article1","Example with a lot of ,,, but this does not make Problems and even "" are fine if there are double "" Introtext"

You can also just make an export to have an example.
  • jarod159
08 Oct 2012 16:02

Hi man!
i've just bought the component (transaction id 7E279573T9850502) but i need help because i'm going to import a lot of articles that contain "," so i'm encountering problem with component delimiter.

Is it possible to change the delimiter with something else? (for example ||)

thanks a lot!
  • Individual IT
07 Oct 2012 03:00

Hi,
sorry the extension just import items into K2, not Joomfish - this is an other extension.
  • Kostas Georgiadis
04 Oct 2012 08:41
Replied by Kostas Georgiadis on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Hello,

I have purchased the component and I have successfully tested it.

I want to build a directory using K2 in two languages (Greek (primary) and English).

I am using the following fields in K2:
Title, Category, Image, Item description, tag1, …, tag n, extra field 1, … , extra field n

I have made the translation of all the K2 field names in English using Joomfish.

When I use your component only the data for the primary language (greek) are inserted in K2. Is it feasible to use different CSVs (one for each language) so I will not insert manually the translation in Joomfish (now for each item I have to go to Joomfish, K2 items and edit the translated field contents manually. This is time consuming since I have more than 2000 items !).

Any ideas ?

I am using
Joomla v1.5.25
Joomfish v2.1.3
K2 v2.5.7
K2 import / export v0.9 stable

Thanks in advance.
  • Individual IT
03 Oct 2012 14:27
  • Individual IT
18 Sep 2012 14:37

The easiest way would be to export the items, then change the CSV with the images and the reimport the file with the option: Overwrite - based on ID.

BUT before you are doing this make a full database backup!!!
  • Edgar
18 Sep 2012 14:09

Hello,

I already have 5,000 items living in K2. Now I need to import 5,000 images, one for each item.

Does this tool can import only item images and leave the rest of the items info just as they are already in the database?

That would solve my problem

Please advise.
  • Franklin
18 Sep 2012 00:35

Hi,

I was leaving the attachment title empty in the "associate the fields". It's working fine now.

Could you please send the new stable version to my email? I was not able to find the link to download it again.

Thank you.
  • Individual IT
17 Sep 2012 16:34 - 17 Sep 2012 16:36

Just declared the version 0.9 as stable and published it: www.individual-it.net/en/Joomla/ .
The only change from 0.9_beta4 are that it now accepts "-" in the aliases and the auto association with the fields are improved a (very) little bit.

@Franklin This version should solve your problem with the aliases. And are you sure you associated the Attachment Title correctly with the right column in the CSV file. If in the "associate the fields" screen the attachment title dropdown is set to "take standard or leave empty" the software will try to generate a title.
The automatic association is just guess work. You have always to double-check it. But you can help it by naming the column "Attachment Title 1" instead of "Attachment1 Title". I changed my example file and the export according to it.
P.S. if your download link does not work anymore, write me a short email
  • Individual IT
17 Sep 2012 07:14

I found the problem with the aliases and today I will investigate the Attachment problem
  • Franklin
14 Sep 2012 16:49

PHP Version: 5.2.17
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 2.5.6 Stable [ Ember ] 19-June-2012 14:00 GMT
K2 Version: 2.5.7
K2 Importing Version: 0.9_beta4
  • Individual IT
14 Sep 2012 10:51

Hi,
I will have a look at it, but could you please report what PHP / Joomla / K2 / Import-tool version you are using.
  • Franklin
13 Sep 2012 21:01

Here's the file.

Attachment not found

• Franklin
13 Sep 2012 20:52

Hi there,

The component is working fine except for two problems:

1. The alias is importing without considering the hifen. Ex.: "Agricultor-prefeitura-de-maranguape-esaf-fundamental-2008" turns in "agricultorprefeiturademaranguapeesaffundamental2008" .

2. The Attachment1 Title is not being recognized and it is taking the name of the file instead of the name put in the csv file.

I'm using LibreOffice, my csv file is encoded in UTF-8 and I'm putting quotation marks in all text cells.

Since all others csv data is being imported correctly I'm not understanding why the two issues above are happening.

Can anyone help me with it please?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I put the csv file attached.
  • Individual IT
19 Aug 2012 05:55

just uploaded the 0.9_beta4 version.
this version fixes some problems when exporting extra-field names or content with special characters line " or '

JED page
direct download
Ask questions and get support on twitter
  • Individual IT
17 Jul 2012 10:24

Hi,
could you please tell me what joomla and PHP version do you use and when exactly this error occurs?

do you try to upload a ZIP file?
  • Sanjiv Khullar
15 Jul 2012 21:15
Replied by Sanjiv Khullar on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

I get the following error

JFile: :copy: Cannot find or read file: $/home/film/public_html.
Unknown Archive type

Warning: strstr() [function.strstr]: Empty delimiter in /home/film/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2import/controller.php on line 890

Please advise
  • Individual IT
14 Jul 2012 13:15

Sorry this forum has no RSS that’s why its hard to keep track with the questions.

The export does not export the image, but you still can import images but you would have to do this manually.
But if you are using the same K2 version in both joomla installations, try just to copy the MySQL tables via phpmyadmin
Displaying 361 - 380 out of 442 results.