Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Tool for importing exporting items to from K2)

• Individual IT
11 Jan 2012 15:20
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Category: English K2 Community

Hi,
please tell me a little bit more about your system. see first post.

The export script does not limit the memory size. Check if you have a .htaccess file that limit its.
And go to: Site-> System information -> PHP Information and check the value memory_limit
What does it says?
  • luis
10 Jan 2012 15:32

hello, i got this error when trying to export:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 96468992 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10649601 bytes) in xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/joomla/environment/response.php on line 176

I ask to the host company to increase the memory and they told me this:
128M is allowed to your account, but according to the number (96468992) somewhere in your script 10M is restricted. You have to check your script where it is showing 10M and change it to 128M.

What should i do?
  • Individual IT
01 Jan 2012 05:35 - 01 Jan 2012 05:37
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Happy new year to everybody!

This new year starts with a new version of the K2 Import / Export Tool. ITS NOW WORKING ALSO WITH JOOMLA 1.7
The actual version 0.9_alpha1 is not tested very well. I just publish it for the impatient among us ;) Please remember its an alpha-version

There are no new features, I've done some bug fixes, some clean-up and of course the support for Joomla 1.7

If you still have a valid download-link from your previous purchase, you can of-course download the new version for free.
And as always: if you buy it now you will be able to download updates for 10 days for every EUR you pay. This means, pay 3€ and you will be able to download updates for one month, pay 6€ for two month, and so on.

Because for some its maybe strange to buy an untested version, I will give the alpha version away for free for every tweet that:
  1. contains my twitter account
  2. mentioning this extension
  3. and contains a link to this forum, to my page or to JED

Additionally I will send the alpha version to the first 10 people that are interested in serious testing. This will include testing in different environments, with data you would have to create and reporting back to me.

Please send me an Email if you are interested in testing: www.individual-it.net/en/kontakt-impressum.html
  • Individual IT
28 Dec 2011 13:58

The extension just runs with joomla 1.5 please check the requerements

I'm working on a version for joomla 1.7 but cannot tell you a date when its ready!
  • reecesp
20 Dec 2011 22:53

hi guys,

I just installed this onto an online server running joomla 1.6 under i.e.9

it seemed to install fine (i tried both versions) - but when i select the import/export tool under components it takes me to the HTTP500 internal server error screen ...

when i refresh the cache under joomla admin it brings the following error

Failed loading XML file
/home/sites/mtsgroup.co.uk/public_html/resource/administrator/components/com_k2import/k2import.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/home/sites/mtsgroup.co.uk/public_html/resource/administrator/components/com_k2import/k2import.xml"
Failed loading XML file
/home/sites/mtsgroup.co.uk/public_html/resource/administrator/components/com_k2import/k2import.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/home/sites/mtsgroup.co.uk/public_html/resource/administrator/components/com_k2import/k2import.xml"

i have tried both versions and running a gavick pro template i have installed numerous components altready so it shouldn't be a server auth issue.... help please, i have over 1000 k2 articles to put up asap.

ta steve
  • Individual IT
14 Dec 2011 03:25

Momentan gibt es da keine Moeglichkeit mit dem Tool, ausser bei der Programmierung mithelfen :-)
Oder manuell per phpmyadmin

ausnamsweise kann ich das Geld zurueckschicken wenn du die Erweiterung nicht nurzen kannst.
  • Individual IT
14 Dec 2011 03:17

Hi,
then you are trying to export a really big database.

You will have to adjust your php memory settings
  • nehlaw
11 Dec 2011 11:48 - 11 Dec 2011 11:52

Thanks for reply.
The installing is working properly. It working with the import but I want is to export. When i click the export button it happen to as i posted attachment before.

Please can you help me about this because i really need it.
  • Witucki
09 Dec 2011 22:36 - 09 Dec 2011 22:37

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
leider selbst für 2,13 EUR rausgeschmissenes Geld, da das Tool für aktuelle Versionen Joomla 1.7 nicht funktioniert....

Oder gibt es da eine Möglichkeit über Umwegen.. ??

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • Witucki
09 Dec 2011 22:09 - 09 Dec 2011 22:10

Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

:( :( :( :( :(
is ja gar nicht für joomla 1.7
da war sogar 2,13 EUR rausgeschmissenes Geld !!!!!
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

oder kann mit dem tool über umwegen in aktuelle versionen j1.7 importen ??
  • Individual IT
08 Dec 2011 09:54

Hi,
at first K2 2.4 is required, but of course you can test also with other versions, but no guarantee that it will work.

Your PHP installations do not allow you more than the software tries to allocate. So you can try to change the settings in the php.ini or try to import less rows per loop.

BTW. at what point does this error appears?
  • nehlaw
08 Dec 2011 05:51

Need help!!!

I have buy the tool but not working for me.

Joomla version - 1.5.15
K2 version - K2 v2.2
Php version - 5.2.17

error page is in attachment.
  • Individual IT
19 Nov 2011 07:35

At the moment the extension works just with Joomla 1.5
  • Serg
16 Nov 2011 22:35 - 16 Nov 2011 22:37

hi,
after installing the components, an error

Fatal error: Class JButtonUpload contains an abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (JButton:: fetchButton) in / home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2import/button/upload.php on line 59

PHP Built On FreeBSD cp42.agava.net 7.4-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 7.4-RELEASE-p3 #5: Wed Sep 28 22:16:19 UTC 2011 [email protected]:/opt/usr/obj/opt/usr/src/sys/XEON i386
Database Version 5.0.92-log
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.5
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 1.7.3 Stable [ Ember ] 14-Nov-2011 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 11.2.0 Stable+Modified [ Omar ] 27-Jul-2011 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
K2 v2.5.1
  • william white
10 Nov 2011 12:14
Replied by william white on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

I havent seen any documentation on this yet. Guess we will have to take the installation scripts of 2.5 apart to see if there are any modify table's in it and also if there is script to detect if upgrading or not
  • Individual IT
10 Nov 2011 07:17

William White wrote: any plans to update to 2.5?

Yes I'm going to do that - but as always I cannot tell a date :-)

Are they somewhere informations about how the DB changed between 2.4 and 2.5?
and are there differences between the versions of Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.7?
  • william white
09 Nov 2011 12:34
  • Individual IT
09 Nov 2011 11:23

sorry I do not understand your problem.
When you upload and import the CSV you should have new items in K2.

The extension just works with Joomla 1.5 and K2 2.4.x
  • Avi Efroni
08 Nov 2011 12:16
Replied by Avi Efroni on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

Individual IT wrote: Hi,
please read the documentation: www.individual-it.net/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html

You basically can create some items in K2 and the go to Components -> K2 Import / Export and export your existing items then you would have example file.
Or you check the example file in the documentation.

Hi,
I read the instruction page.
I uploaded the sample CSV that you gave but than I got like 5 sample categories and 5 sample items,all users was imported and 2 user groups: registered and site owner,thats it. now what I have to do in order to get the site categories and items???
2. can this tool work also on j1.7? that can save me work since I migrated the site to j1.7 (but still have j1.5)
regards
  • Individual IT
08 Nov 2011 11:26

Hi,
please read the documentation: www.individual-it.net/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html

You basically can create some items in K2 and the go to Components -> K2 Import / Export and export your existing items then you would have example file.
Or you check the example file in the documentation.
Displaying 421 - 440 out of 442 results.