Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• Marco Elric
02 Nov 2009 17:34
Replied by Marco Elric on topic how to convert k2 items to default joomla articles

how to convert k2 items to default joomla articles

Category: English K2 Community

Just incase we upgrade into joomla1.6 .
we don't need k2 in joomla 1.6 we are all aware of that.

Solutions Expert said:two tabs in firefox.. old stuff in k2 and other tab where you are copying stuff too...lolzzzz they will never make this option (i already have said this a thousand times here... with zero response)---1 out of 20 reasons i moved on to resources.

just did this... myself
  • Jiliko.net
21 Oct 2009 23:05
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic How do I install 2.1, not upgrade

How do I install 2.1, not upgrade

Hi,

Can we have more details on your installation problem ?

To install k2, you just have to install the last k2 v2.1 build like any other extension.

Olivier Nolbert
  • Mark Banks
21 Oct 2009 21:16
Replied by Mark Banks on topic Joomlaworks UCD compatible with K2

Joomlaworks UCD compatible with K2

I would also like to see this extension upgraded to work with K2.
regards
Mark
  • Lefteris
21 Oct 2009 14:38

K2 User Plugin fails on JomSocial Avatar Change

Hi. The latest available version has fixed this. You should upgrade. If you do so please backup first. Also after the upgrade you should use the default template for user form which is bundled with K2. Please search a little in this forum if you meet any problem after the upgrade as this has been already posted.

Esther Fuldauer said:Can you post a patch to this while the new version gets out?
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. OK we have fixed that for the next version so that K2 Plugin looks for a K2 variable to ensure that the post is coming from K2 and not from an other extension. Thank you for reporting this issue to us.
  • David Sinclair
19 Oct 2009 07:14
K2 Frontpage Categories?? was created by David Sinclair

K2 Frontpage Categories??

I perused parts of the forum section, and searched the site but have not found a real answer to why K2 fails to properly display categories on the front page when linked to via the menu. I've seen plenty of posts saying the demo version and the distribution version are different and the distribution version does not come with the demonstrated capabilities of the demo site, which I find to be very hard to believe.

I just upgraded to K2 v2.1 from 1.02b-ish. All settings are default. I had no errors installing the new version.

From what I can tell the template to display as categories appears to be intact. The CSS file appears to match what some have posted on the site when explaining how to modify how the categories display.

The default menu link when creating the menu item is "index.php?option=com_k2&view=default", and I am unable to change it in the Joomla backend.

Joomla version is 1.5.14, and MySQL is 5.0.22.

When utilizing debug and error reporting, the following message is generated in the area above the K2_breadcrumbs module:
"Notice: Undefined variable: path in /public/modules/mod_k2_tools/helper.php on line 425 Notice: Undefined variable: title in /public/modules/mod_k2_tools/helper.php on line 425 "

line 425: return array($path, $title);

Nothing is generated in k2_container area.

The only SQL processed related to K2 is:
"#
SELECT t.name
FROM jos_k2_tags AS t
LEFT JOIN jos_k2_tags_xref tags_xref
ON tags_xref.tagID = t.id
LEFT JOIN jos_k2_items i
ON tags_xref.itemID = i.id
LEFT JOIN jos_k2_categories c
ON c.id = i.catid
WHERE t.published=1
AND i.published=1
AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2009-10-19 04:00:39' )
AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2009-10-19 04:00:39' )
AND i.trash=0
AND i.access <= 2
AND c.published=1
AND c.trash=0
AND c.access <= 2"

Every other method to access/search for data stored in the K2 tables seems to populate the webpage... just not the default frontpage view.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • nightshiftcreative.com
11 Oct 2009 06:07
Replied by nightshiftcreative.com on topic Keep Original Image Name

Keep Original Image Name

This is the perfect place to put it. They will take a look at all the feature requests and decide what is most important/what should be added and they will get it done if they think it is feasible.

Vinod said:YES totally agree that will be great option, how can we tell that to K2 Developers so that they can add it in next upgrade...
  • Vinod
10 Oct 2009 23:24
Replied by Vinod on topic Keep Original Image Name

Keep Original Image Name

YES totally agree that will be great option, how can we tell that to K2 Developers so that they can add it in next upgrade...
  • Vinod
09 Oct 2009 21:47
Keep Original Image Name was created by Vinod

Keep Original Image Name

Hello,

I have tested the K2 with all possibilities and it rocks!

although i have some suggestions :

it will be great if we keep the original image name (or at least possibility to on/off that option)

in the SEO point of view the image name should be human readable (meaningful)

right now K2 rename images like this = 2ff2ba0051687eef5ca0459cf942940c_S.jpg

is is possible to add this in next upgrade :

original image = originalimagename.(ext)
Large image = l_originalimagename.(ext)
Xlarge image = xl_originalimagename.(ext)
Small = s_originalimagename.(ext)
xsmall = xs_originalimagename.(ext)
medium = m_originalimagename.(ext)

Zoo actually handle image in this manner.

thanks!
(if anybody have hack for this right now please let us know)
  • piperchick
04 Oct 2009 02:25
Replied by piperchick on topic Problems with Users and Registration.

Problems with Users and Registration.

Hi Lefteris,

This worked perfectly.

Thanks.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. You can keep using the template of your choice but you have to make sure that the User Registration form and the Profile edit form include a hidden input field with name "K2UserForm" and value "1".
piperchick said:It may be an issue with Affinity. I just tried another template and front-end editing of the user profile worked. Now I have to remember what I did to customise my Affinity before I apply the upgrade......
  • Lefteris
28 Sep 2009 12:39
Replied by Lefteris on topic Download attachments - File does not exist

Download attachments - File does not exist

Hi. Try to add some more attachments after the upgrade. Also try to add different files. This might help us to find out what's happening.

Alexander Siryj said:Update to (Last update: September 9th, 2009 - v2.1), but problem remain " File does not exist".
Alexander Siryj said:Last update 6 August Alexander Siryj said:K2 v2.0
  • Mike C
25 Sep 2009 08:23

What happened to option for showing attachments only to registered?

Well, I just upgraded to K2 2.1 and in doing so I lost that code hack. And now I find out that the old forum where the solution was posted is gone.. Does anyone know how to make it so that attachments are hidden from unregistered users??? My post is almost 2 months old with no reply =(
  • Lefteris
23 Sep 2009 11:31

Upgrade problems Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() ... administrator/components/com_k2/tables/k2category.php on line 46

Hi. Yes this is needed in order to handle multilingual URLs.

Norm Douglas said:I think this really should be pointed out PRIOR to upgrade. I've been running my own VPS for sometime, and this is the first time I've had a need for this module. I'm thinking there might be a number of hosting environments K2 will no longer work on... are you sure this is really needed?
JoomlaWorks said:Multi-byte support must be enabled in PHP. Ask your hosting company. ;)
  • Lefteris
23 Sep 2009 11:14
Replied by Lefteris on topic Problems with Users and Registration.

Problems with Users and Registration.

Hi. You can keep using the template of your choice but you have to make sure that the User Registration form and the Profile edit form include a hidden input field with name "K2UserForm" and value "1".

piperchick said:It may be an issue with Affinity. I just tried another template and front-end editing of the user profile worked. Now I have to remember what I did to customise my Affinity before I apply the upgrade......
  • Kai Roen
23 Sep 2009 10:33
Using templates was created by Kai Roen

Using templates

K2 is a great tool, and I've started to use K2 on all my Joomla sites. But there is one thing that I don't understand:

Why is the CSS file in components/com_k2/css folder? Shouldn't the CSS file be inside the template folder?

If I upgrade K2, the CSS file will be overwritten.
  • normdouglas
22 Sep 2009 14:01

Upgrade problems Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() ... administrator/components/com_k2/tables/k2category.php on line 46

I think this really should be pointed out PRIOR to upgrade. I've been running my own VPS for sometime, and this is the first time I've had a need for this module. I'm thinking there might be a number of hosting environments K2 will no longer work on... are you sure this is really needed?

JoomlaWorks said:Multi-byte support must be enabled in PHP. Ask your hosting company. ;)
  • Lefteris
17 Sep 2009 17:46

Cannot upgrade from 2.0 stable to 2.1 without error

Hi. If your folders are not writable then K2 ( and of course any other extension ) will not be able to apply an upgrade that requires overwriting some files and folders.

bunglehaze said:Great stuff! I am waiting on a response from a DEV though as this may be an issue for a lot of people and an official post explaining the best way to do this would be better than messing up peoples sites.
cheers

leigh :)
  • Lefteris
17 Sep 2009 17:36
Replied by Lefteris on topic 404 - Component not found

404 - Component not found

Hi. If you upgraded K2 then open your menu items and save them again. Also it may be a URL problem so please check your Joomla! SEF options.
  • Yiota
17 Sep 2009 11:14
Replied by Yiota on topic Image folder specified does not exist!

Image folder specified does not exist!

Category: Simple Image Gallery PRO

I saw that you have an older version of the K2 component. Please upgrade to the latest version after you have made a full backup of your data and files.
  • James M
17 Sep 2009 00:39

Upgrade to 2.1 messed me up badly, any suggestions?

Found the soloution to this. Go to K2 configuration and look for "Introtext HTML cleanup (tag strip)" and "Fulltext HTML cleanup (tag strip)" change both of these from "yes" to "no" and problem fixed.

I think it would be worth having this added to any upgrade docs or notes
  • 2ninerniner2
16 Sep 2009 07:47
Replied by 2ninerniner2 on topic Simple Image Gallery bug

Simple Image Gallery bug

WOW! Works perfectly on a remote, live test site! Thanks so much Valdis :) I wanted to verify the inclusion of SIG in K2 before recommending to my clients that they should purchase the Pro version (for the added benefits - especially "titles and captions" and the ability to switch JS libraries, as SIG Free does NOT play with RokSlideshow). Now I can demo this ability and hopefully make another sale for JW :)

What I did was just uninstall the previous SIG free and then install yours, as I had not done the other "mod" listed here for the K2 templates. Worked as expected! Thanks again! :)

BTW, it was way back in April I believe, around the first K2 release, that a "certain someone" indicated that the K2-compatible SIG Free would be available "any day" ;-) ... hint, hint, nudge, nudge! :)

Valdis said:You can try this mod of SIG free (I have already published earlier version on this board) - doesn't require changes in k2 itself and allows to work with in-text (gallery stored in default joomla media location) as well as item gallery (under k2 media).
* Changes from original SIG free:

* - upgrades slimbox used in plugin to version 1.57 (uses corresponding slimbox.js, mootools.js, slimbox.css and comments out old css info from sig.css)

* - enables/fixes support for regular in text as well as K2 image galleries

* - prevents merging of several gallery instances into one

* - adds edition indication to plugin name and version

Regards,
Valdis

greg said:Thanks FreakShowTM I was really happy, when I saw in Gallery Tab, I was able to upload pictures!
I upload a zip, put in my article {gallery}11{/gallery}
And I've seen my gallery display in it !!! wonderfull !!!

BUT, when I try to edit again my article, it was impossible to open the edit popup !
Don't understand what happens !
An error is display in IE error on pge (in left corner) about mootools.js and modal.js

Do you have any idea.
Thanks anyway for your help, it's already a big progress !
Displaying 2141 - 2160 out of 2250 results.