Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• Benoit Bellemare
22 Jan 2019 22:17
Unable to post an article on front-end was created by Benoit Bellemare

Unable to post an article on front-end

Category: English K2 Community

Hi,

Since I had upgraded to K2 2.9.1 (I was at 2.7.0), I can't post an article on front-end. It's always staying unpublished. I can't change to published. If I save the article with publish to yes, it will say "saved" and the button will return to no and the article will saty unpublished. Am I the only one with this problem?

Thank you!
  • Mohamed Abdelaziz
22 Jan 2019 20:25
Replied by Mohamed Abdelaziz on topic Error after upgrade PHP to version 7.2

Error after upgrade PHP to version 7.2

Hi Igor,

This is just a warning, not error.
As a quick solution, go to Global Configuration > Server
Set Error Reporting to None

This will hide the message.

Then, you can try to update K2 to the latest dev release, this warning should have been resolved.
  • Igor
22 Jan 2019 17:24

Error after upgrade PHP to version 7.2

Hello,
after upgrade PHP to 7.2 I receive this error message when open all article:
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/editfi5/public_html/editnews/components/com_k2/models/item.php on line 763

Before and after article like here:
editfiume.info/editnews/politica/3632-il-fronte-dei-lavoratori-punta-in-alto

What I can do?
  • Brigitte Kuschel
13 Jan 2019 15:15
error with extra fields v2.9 php 7.2 was created by Brigitte Kuschel

error with extra fields v2.9 php 7.2

Hello,

i love the extra fields of k2.

i upgrade to joomla 3.9.1 and newest version k2 v2.9 no problem at all.
i installed the newest simple image gallery pro too.

but set server to php 7.2 i have an error with it (it works fine on php 7.1.)

Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/www/nbm/administrator/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 442

and at the extra file tab

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/www/nbm/administrator/components/com_k2/models/extrafield.php on line 211

The error ist only at new items. At old items, there is no error.

at frontend there is no error

Can somebody please help me?

THank you very much.

Brigitte

• Karin
12 Jan 2019 19:43 - 12 Jan 2019 21:01
Replied by Karin on topic Problem with frontend Editor (JCE) in K2

Problem with frontend Editor (JCE) in K2

Dear Fotis, thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately the upgrade did not help. The problem arose approximately one month ago, seemingly in correlation with a joomla update. Before there were no problems.
the link to the page ist: talenteverbund.at, but only special users can edit certain pages in the frontend.
I can send a screenshot.

I also tried a different editor (tinyMCE) - no change. so it does not seem to be the editor
  • Todd Williams
21 Dec 2018 19:25
Files will not stop saving was created by Todd Williams

Files will not stop saving

I am running K2 on v2.9.0 on Joomla 3.9.1 and when I edit or create a new K2 item, it will not quit saving. What I mean is that when I press "Save," "Save and Close," or "Save and New" for a file I am editing the tabs indicator says that it is always working on the request. When I press "Save and Close" or "Save and New" he file never closes. I have tested this in Chrome and Firefox. It existed before I upgraded to K2 2.9.0 and I was hoping the upgrade would fix it (it also existed on older versions of Joomla). The good news is that it actually does save, but it is like the "Save" action never gets acknowledged. The only way I can get the file to close is to press "Cancel."

Any thoughts?
  • JoomlaWorks
07 Dec 2018 12:53
  • Roberto Sala
03 Dec 2018 12:15
Caption not shown in Joomla articles was created by Roberto Sala

Caption not shown in Joomla articles

Category: Simple Image Gallery PRO

Hi, I just upgraded Image Gallery Pro but now the caption under the popup is not shown anymore in Joomla articles while it works fine in K2 articles.

What can I do?

• JoomlaWorks
23 Nov 2018 23:09
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Help disabling hit counter

Help disabling hit counter

First off, even in Joomla 2.5 you can still upgrade to the latest K2 v2.9.0 (or the dev version 2.9.1 from GitHub: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip). Just take a backup first just in case and make sure you compare your overrides if you use any.

Then convert your database to use InnoDB instead of MyISAM. Using InnoDB will prevent these tables from being locked whenever an INSERT occurs. Additionally, enabled caching in Joomla.

If you're afraid to do this on your own, you can always hire us to do it for you: www.joomlaworks.net/support/contact
  • JoomlaWorks
17 Nov 2018 18:04

What changes in version 3.6? Also suggestion of feature

Category: Simple Image Gallery PRO

Thank you for your kind words Fábio :)

You can safely upgrade to 3.6.0 (Pre-Release 1). I was gonna release 3.6.0 stable this week but an issue came up with SIGPro on Windows servers and I'm looking to finalize that before the final release.

Also, feel free to send over your changes so we can evaluate them.

As for your suggestions, yes, it would be possible to allow editing image galleries that belong to a user in the frontend, but overall frontend editing is not really popular among content contributors. That's why we have "user" galleries which utilize unique spaces per user. If there is more demand for improved frontend editing, we'd be happy to reconsider in the future.

As for K2 Galleries (the backend menu) being at the forefront, well, as you said it's just a click away to manage these galleries. We could add a control though in the settings to make that menu first. Noted it for an upcoming release.

And thanks for being a true K2 fan!
  • nlzOne
15 Nov 2018 07:24
Replied by nlzOne on topic K2 v2.9.0 bug in "Browse server" popup

K2 v2.9.0 bug in "Browse server" popup

This is actually working. Thank you so much.

My only concern now is that 2.9.1 is just a dev version. How can I upgrade this when the 2.9.1 stable version is already available? I'm sorry if this isn't making any sense to you. It was first time to install a dev version.
  • nlzOne
09 Nov 2018 10:41

K2 v2.9.0 bug in "Browse server" popup

Hello, K2 Community!

Upon clicking the "Browse server" button in Edit Item page, the popup doesn't display any files from the server. (Please see the attachment.) I only encountered this issue with the version 2.9.0 I installed in our website. Upon checking our other websites that are using lower version or using version 2.9.0 but only upgraded from previous version (I hope you get what I mean), the button and popup is working fine. I think the bug is present only to the version 2.9.0 freshly installed in Joomla CMS.

For the details of our development site, please check the list:
  • Joomla 3.9
  • K2 v2.9.0 (not upgraded from previous version but installed as v2.9.0)
  • XAMPP server
  • PHP 7
  • Windows 7

Please share your thoughts or experiences regarding the issue. Thanks!
  • Manoj
06 Nov 2018 10:28

[Joomla 3.9.15] K2 System plugin does not let user save accept privacy policy

1. I upgraded existing Joomla site from 3.8.13 to 3.9.0

2. K2 was already installed on it

3. I created one Joomla content article - named it as 'Privacy Policy'

4. Selected that article in this plugin and enabled plugin 'System - Privacy Consent'

5. Tried logging into frontend

6. On login, Joomla redirects to user profile page with notice - 'Please confirm that you consent to this web site storing your information by agreeing to the privacy policy.'

7. On edit profile page you see 'By signing up to this web site and agreeing to the Privacy Policy you agree to this web site storing your information.'

8. When you click on 'I agree' and hit 'save' button, it again goes back to step 6 - reasking consent as k2 plugin does not let save consent.

If you disable K2 plugin, all is good with this (but K2 won't work)
  • JoomlaWorks
02 Nov 2018 21:43
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Class Upload PHP causing save issues

Class Upload PHP causing save issues

OK, first off, if you uninstall K2, YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR K2 DATA.

Simply upgrade to 2.9.0. Directly. We're not Joomla. We make things simple.

The issue however stems from some old 3rd party plugin (/plugins/system/rebuild/rebuild.php) which uses a file from K2 which has changed location.

By upgrading from 2.6.9 to 2.9.0, the old file remains in place but it's not used by K2. So the plugin should work. If it doesn't simply edit the /plugins/system/rebuild/rebuild.php file and change the path in that require declaration to the new location which is: /media/k2/assets/vendors/verot/class.upload.php
  • Timothy Michel
29 Oct 2018 23:27 - 30 Oct 2018 00:05
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic After Update to K2 2.9 Extra Fields Don't Work At All

After Update to K2 2.9 Extra Fields Don't Work At All

I realize that a standardized CSS class naming structure, is essential for extensions developers, because how else could their products integrate into the design of a website; it would be impossible, all they could do is provide a generic look and feel and say "style to suit." With a standard set of classes, extensions can be installed and look like they belong on the site right out of the box.

After poking around the web, I came across this statement that suggests that CSS Grids and Bootstrap 4.0 will live happily together in Joomla 4:

Joomla 4 is currently in development. It may be many months before Joomla 4 is released, but we're already working on comparability for Joomlashack templates.

One of the most important changes in Joomla 4 is the upgrade from Bootstrap 2 to Bootstrap 4. However, one thing we've discovered is that Joomla 4 will not rely exclusively on Bootstrap.

Joomla 4 will also rely on CSS Grid Layout, a CSS method that is revolutionizing the frontend web design industry.

Bootstrap 4 and CSS Grid Layout will be the tools used for frontend design in Joomla 4. Joomla will rely on Bootstrap 4 for the user interface, and CSS Grid for the frontend layouts. The Joomla team are making this change because they believe that CSS Grid will be more future-proof. In Joomla 3, they were locked into an old version of Bootstrap. The hope is that this new approach will avoid similar problems with Joomla 4.

See: The Future of Joomla is CSS Grid, Not Bootstrap 4

It would seem, to me, that this is a reasonable approach, what do you think, considering what you said about the future of Bootstrap?
  • Frank Schreiber
20 Oct 2018 02:38 - 20 Oct 2018 11:08
Replied by Frank Schreiber on topic Problems with tags

Problems with tags

Hi Fotis,

thanks for your reply.

We didn’t edit anything, just copying from the live-site to the new test-site. As I remember, there was an issue with the newest version auf k2 and my template, which made problems. My programmer did the upgrade, because I’m not familiar with web programming. Could I please send you his pm for figuring out? We’re on a hurry, because my provider forces a switch from php 5.6 to 7 on next Wednesday, which makes my live-site unusable. Of course I’d post the solution afterwards.

Initially the two tag clouds have been invented to show different tags per category. Here you can see the result, which is working perfectly with the old version, on my live-site.
News category: www.frankschreiber.com/de/news-archiv.html
Video category: www.frankschreiber.com/de/video.html

Thanks and best regards,

Frank
  • JoomlaWorks
12 Oct 2018 23:15
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic No extra field on latest item after upgrade to 2.9

No extra field on latest item after upgrade to 2.9

Core K2 files were probably modified.

I'm looking now at the code and since there is no option to enable extra fields in the Latest items view you can't have them there. The workaround is to modify the check for it until we add an option for it (as part of a general option re-checking in K2).

First off, install v2.9.1 dev from: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip

Then edit the file /components/com_k2/models/item.php and replace line 168 with this:
($item->params->get('genericItemExtraFields') && $view == 'itemlist' && ($task == 'search' || $task == 'date')) || $view == 'latest'

This should do it.
  • Mark Schultz
12 Oct 2018 18:09

item edit form linked from menu does not work properly after upgrading to 2.9

Has anyone else seen this issue?

I am running joomla 3.8.13 and k2 2.9. I had created a menu item that links to an item edit form. I created a custom template for the item edit form and it was working fine until I upgraded to 2.9 from 2.8. Has anyone seen this issue on any version of K2?

Now the custom template is not used, the default template is used no matter what.
Also, the Target Window isn't working, when I set it to Parent, it reverts to New with Navigation on Save.

I've tried creating a new menu item, copying the form template to a new location, nothing changes.
  • PRE ART
11 Oct 2018 20:11

No extra field on latest item after upgrade to 2.9

It happened on Joomla 3.8.12 and K2 2.8 -> 2.9
  • Mark Schultz
11 Oct 2018 07:52

item edit form linked from menu does not work properly after upgrading to 2.9

I am running joomla 3.8.13 and k2 2.9

I had created a menu item that links to an item edit form. I created a custom template. It was working fine until I upgraded to 2.9 from 2.8.

Now the custom template is not used, the default template is used no matter what.
Also, the Target Window isn't working, when I set it to Parent, it reverts to New with Navigation on Save.

I've tried creating a new menu item, copying the form template to a new location, nothing changes.

Anybody else seeing this issue or have a thought? thanks.
Displaying 241 - 260 out of 2250 results.