Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

What changes in version 3.6? Also suggestion of feature

• Fábio Jordan
  • Fábio Jordan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Nothing like a good coffee to make a better web
More
5 years 5 months ago #170300 by Fábio Jordan
Hello.

I had the 3.1 version of SigPRO and just bought a new subscription to get the 3.5 version. But in downloads area there`s the 3.6 version. I found the article about the 3.5 version, but I want to know if its a good idea to go 3.6 version right now. What changes? I have installed the 3.5 and its working great.

By the way, I have a suggestion of a new feature: what if the user has the option to navigate in all the K2 galleries in frontend? We already have this option in backend, so I guess its not that hard to make this option available in frontend, right?

Actually, I made an adaptation in K2 Content Module to show the new and update galleries in frontend, and its a good feature (maybe this option could be available in a future uptade of K2).

And also, is it possible to make an option in settings so when we use the component in backend we can see the K2 galleries right away intstead of site galleries? I mean, not everyone use Joomla system (thats my case). I know its not a big deal to just click a button, but if we have this option, it would be good.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards and congrats for the great work, the version 3.5 is awesome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #170317 by JoomlaWorks
Thank you for your kind words Fábio :)

You can safely upgrade to 3.6.0 (Pre-Release 1). I was gonna release 3.6.0 stable this week but an issue came up with SIGPro on Windows servers and I'm looking to finalize that before the final release.

Also, feel free to send over your changes so we can evaluate them.

As for your suggestions, yes, it would be possible to allow editing image galleries that belong to a user in the frontend, but overall frontend editing is not really popular among content contributors. That's why we have "user" galleries which utilize unique spaces per user. If there is more demand for improved frontend editing, we'd be happy to reconsider in the future.

As for K2 Galleries (the backend menu) being at the forefront, well, as you said it's just a click away to manage these galleries. We could add a control though in the settings to make that menu first. Noted it for an upcoming release.

And thanks for being a true K2 fan!

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.