Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

FF & CSS Problem?

• nikkie
  • nikkie's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 8 months ago #6931 by nikkie
FF & CSS Problem? was created by nikkie
I'm using SIG 1.2 Pro and I've noticed that sometime when viewing a SIG in FF 2.0.0.6 the grid of thumbnails does not populate consistently.  For instance, on a good day 4 normal rows of 3 columns will be followed by an irregular row containing only 1 column, which is then followed by normal rows.  But if you start moving the scroll bar or try to reposition inside the page before the page is completely loaded you can get the ugly ugly, which is when all rows contain only a single column even though there is room for a minimum of three columns.

The reason I say CSS, or FF's handling of CSS, is because the source does not contain holes.  I suspect it's related to the way FF tries to optimize rendering while parsing each line of HTML.  In this case, however, SIG output produces some pretty amazingly long lines of HTML as it outputs the entire gallery, regardless of size, as a single line.  My guess is if SIG were to be modified to produce shorter line lengths, like a line break after each thumbnail, the problems would correct itself.

This behavior is not exhibited by IE 7.

Any one else experience this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nikkie
  • nikkie's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 8 months ago #6932 by nikkie
Replied by nikkie on topic Update
I made the change I suggested above and it had no effect. However, I've discovered it's even easier to demonstrate the problem if you just hit the reload button in FF when you're on a page that contains SIG galleries. I've had several other FF users independently verify this problem.  Are there any FF users here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.