Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Front page edits

• Diane Nitti
  • Diane Nitti's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 days ago #55177 by Diane Nitti
Front page edits was created by Diane Nitti
Hello,
I am relatively new to SIG Pro. Can anyone tell me if there is a way that I can allow front end users to edit admin (back end) created galleries?
I want to create the galleries with the ease of the folder structure in the backend, but allow front end users to maintain, rename & update the galleries.

Thanks!

Diane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 days ago #55191 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Front page edits
Hi. Please note that official support for commercial extensions is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk at www.joomlaworks.net/dashboard/helpdesk .
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for purposes of knowledge exchange ONLY.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 9 months ago #55988 by dafi
Replied by dafi on topic Front page edits
Just in case you haven't had a suitable response yet, this is how is how I got round the same issue.

Joomla 3.2 will allow front end editing of modules by users but it means they have to go via the back end administrator screens. i.e. when they login and click on edit they are sent to the admin login screen. Personally I do not want clients go to the back end as there are settings they can change that might affect other parts of the site.

So ideally you want them to have only the same functionality that they would get with editing an article. I used the 'Articles Placed Anywhere' free Joomla extension. Added advantage is that you can place the gallery in any of your module positions.
  • I created an article with the link to the gallery in it (or blank for a user specific gallery, see below)/li]
  • I created an 'Articles Placed Anywhere' module with the name of the article and the position you want it displayed in.

Now when the user is logged in they are editing an article and not the module. The WYSIWYG edit screen has a SIG pro button and it displays a fully functional gallery editor but with significantly reduced admin settings (which is good).

One thing to note though is the user only has access to user galleries unless he has super administrator rights. In other words any galleries setup in the main images folder will be anonymous to the user. You will need to create your articles and modules first, then login as the user and add the galleries again.

This is by far the easiest way to let your users manage their galleries, but is a bit of a workaround. I would be interested in any other suggestions or better techniques.

Hope that helps

A