Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

For use in China please remove all Google links

• Peter Jordan
  • Peter Jordan's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #56201 by Peter Jordan
As I am in China everybody knows, that many sites are blocked or slowed down. Also and mainly GOOGLE. I pledge to all programmers to include all their scripts and do not use any referrals to other pages. Googleapis or Googlefonts are NOT accessible in China. Every attempt of a front end page does slow down the page for minutes!!! Or the page won't load anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter Jordan
More
9 years 8 months ago #56202 by Peter Jordan
Replied by Peter Jordan on topic For use in China please remove all Google links
I comment the following in order to get simpleImagePro running at all in admin section!!
Still testing what else is not working. Grep found about 30 references in the joomla directory.

function onDisplay($name)
{
$document = JFactory::getDocument();
// if (version_compare(JVERSION, '3.0', 'lt'))
// {
// $document->addScript('//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8/jquery.min.js');
// }
// else
// {
JHtml::_('jquery.framework');
// }

• Peter Jordan
More
9 years 8 months ago #56203 by Peter Jordan
Replied by Peter Jordan on topic For use in China please remove all Google links
And please note, that VPN is also blocked and shut down in China, as they found out how to detect VPN.
So a VPN is now solution. We must obey the Chinese laws and therefore please code our programs accordingly.
Please also never use the Facebook or twitter icons from facebook page, as they also blocked and slow down the loading immensely.
First I also get crazy and angry about this, but it doesn't help. Maybe this is a lesson for us not rely too much on google, facebook and co.

• Peter Jordan
More
9 years 8 months ago #56204 by Peter Jordan
I am frustrated. No matter which pop-up engine I choose NOTHING works. The image just opens in a new window.
It is a pity, that K2 requires just this gallery. I cannot use K2 because of their careless programming, using external links to blocked sites.

• Peter Jordan
More
9 years 8 months ago #56205 by Peter Jordan
Also the media manager doesn't work at all. Not loading!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #56209 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic For use in China please remove all Google links
K2 has an option to use local versions of jQuery and jQuery UI for cases like these.
Also SigPro has the option to disable jQuery loading on the frontend. You can use your version of jQuery in your template.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #56211 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic For use in China please remove all Google links
Your argument is very interesting and something I personally did not know occurred for site visitors from China.

Do other JS lib CDNs work in China? If that's the case, we might add the option for such.

P.S. I've noted to add full copies of jQuery inside SIGPro in the next release, like we do with K2 already.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by JoomlaWorks.