Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

How to make SIG Pro working in Joomla 1.5

• Anton` Ocenasek
  • Anton` Ocenasek's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 6 months ago #8038 by Anton` Ocenasek
How to make SIG Pro working in Joomla 1.5 was created by Anton` Ocenasek
:'( just bought SIG Pro tried to install got to failure messages

during installation

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24576 bytes) in htdocs\libraries\joomla\cache\storage\file.php on line 105

although its seen in plugin manager  and when enabling it shows on the frontpage than

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening htdocs/mambots/content/plugin_jw_sigpro/sigpro_engine.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;\server\php\PEAR') in \htdocs\plugins\content\plugin_jw_sigpro.php on line 71

has anyone a solution or its simply not working in Joomla 1.5

thanks for any advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 6 months ago #8039 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: How to make SIG Pro working in Joomla 1.5
Hi my friend!

I'm afraid that the SIG Pro it isn't work under joomla 1.5
It was created for the joomla 1.0.x.

It is in our plans to modify all ours com/mod/mambots to work under joomla 1.5
but will need time...

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
16 years 5 months ago #8040 by Christopher Smith
Replied by Christopher Smith on topic Re: How to make SIG Pro working in Joomla 1.5
Hi, any news when SIG will be available for Joomla 1.5. Ive viewed some of the sites that have it up and runn :(ing and it is just what we need. The bummer is that I have already paid 12 euros for the Pro version but now I find out that I cant use it. Cheers.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 5 months ago #8041 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: How to make SIG Pro working in Joomla 1.5
Hi my friend!

Really sorry about that the mambot doesn't support the joomla 1.5...
Its in our plans but only after the first stable version of the j!1.5

I don't knew that someone have make a hack to work in j!1.5  :)

Can you provide us a link to see it in action?!

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
16 years 4 months ago #8042 by jkn47
I just did the same, looked at the demo page and brought the script, just to find out it wont run on the latest, or well, soon to be latest stable.

Maybe you should make it more clear that the script wont run on 1.5.
What are your return policy and when can we expect a 1.5 version ?

Anyways good work, I will make do with a regular lightbox link then :)

More
16 years 4 months ago #8043 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: How to make SIG Pro working in Joomla 1.5
We clearly state that both FPSS and SIG Pro are for Joomla 1.0.x and Mambo only.

Terms and conditions are also very clearly stated on www.joomlaworks.net .

Please note this: We cannot develop extensions for beta version of Joomla, only for stable versions, for obvious reasons. We have covered this issue numerous times.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
16 years 4 months ago #8044 by jkn47
Maybe users that has used joomla for longer will find one line "The "Simple Image Gallery PRO" plugin for Joomla! 1.0.x retails for 12 Euros." as "clearly state", I am very new to joomla and brought the plugin on my first day of playing with it, with no idea that some plugins would not work, even in "native mode".

And since several people has brought the plugin without noticeing it, maybe you should make it more clear...

I/We can always hope there will be an updated version, when 1.5 is final  :-\

More
16 years 4 months ago #8045 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: How to make SIG Pro working in Joomla 1.5
SIG Pro will surely be updated for Joomla 1.5 but only when 1.5 is released as stable. By the way, we haven't had any other user purchasing SIG Pro to use it on Joomla 1.5. People know that j1.5 still has many issues and we surely DO NOT recommend using it on a new site.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #8046 by jkn47

By the way, we haven't had any other user purchasing SIG Pro to use it on Joomla 1.5. People know that j1.5 still has many issues and we surely DO NOT recommend using it on a new site.

Hi, any news when SIG will be available for Joomla 1.5. Ive viewed some of the sites that have it up and runn :(ing and it is just what we need. The bummer is that I have already paid 12 euros for the Pro version but now I find out that I cant use it. Cheers.

My god ... I just bought it ;-( When is a 1.5 version coming out? Any idea?

On Joomla 1.5RC4 i have it enabled under "plugin manager", but i see nothing in 1.5 that will let me publish it. How can i publish sig?

Ok... 8)

More
16 years 3 months ago #8047 by Tom Rubel
Replied by Tom Rubel on topic Re: How to make SIG Pro working in Joomla 1.5
I just bought it also to find out it doesn't work in J1.5. 

It may be clear to the authors that it only works in J1 but it's obvious that you have many customers like me who did not pick up on the fact that it doesn't work in J1.5. 

The fact that you may release something that does work in J1.5 at some future unspecified date isn't helpful either.  I need a solution now, so I will have to go buy a competitor's product and install it. 

I won't ever purchase from joomlaworks again, and will make sure I let others know of your unsavory business tactics by posting my experience and hard feelings. 

People who are proud of their products should stand behind them with an unconditional guarantee. >:(