Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

One more case of "Fatal error: Allowed memory size..."

• anthos
  • anthos's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 5 months ago #9039 by anthos
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 428 bytes) in /vhost/vhost6/s/m/a/smartasia.travel/www/mambots/content/plugin_jw_sigpro/sigpro_engine.php on line 69

The message appears every time
a) I put the thumbnail width value above 208 pixels in the plugin settings.
or
b) increase thumbnail size with this command {gallery}folder/some_folder:300:200{/gallery}
c) upload images bigger than ~450 pixels wide (even if thums stay 200 px or less)

Any good advice please? I saw people had similar issues before.
Love the plugin but would like to use 400x300 thumbs with 800x600 popup images.
Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 5 months ago #9040 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: One more case of "Fatal error: Allowed memory size..."
Hi my friend!

This error message can appear in a functional PHP script when the memory requirements exceed the default 8MB limit.

You can resolve this issue permanently for all PHP scripts running on the server by adding a line like this to the server's php.ini file:

memory_limit = 12M

The 12M sets the limit to 12 megabytes (12582912 bytes). If this doesn't work, keep increasing the memory limit until your script fits!

( My opinion is that you use to big images! 800x600 popup image?!?! )

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• anthos
  • anthos's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 5 months ago #9041 by anthos
Thank you, just requested my host to increase the memory limit.
Will let know the result.

More
16 years 3 months ago #9042 by digitpool
Hey, perfect.

Just needed 2 minutes to solve the problem.

Thanks  :D

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #9043 by Gent Larsson
I use one.com as my host and they do not allow increasing of the memory. How do I solve this? I have all my sites and those of my customers on their servers.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /customers/bjorkhagahundar.se/bjorkhagahundar.se/httpd.www/plugins/content/jwsigpro/sigpro_engine.php on line 72

G

More
16 years 2 months ago #9044 by jules08
Change your php.ini to be 64 instead of the default 16 and this should resolve the issue.

This error occurs on many components and changing the php.ini resolves all that I have come across so far

More
16 years 1 month ago #9045 by Armagh
Hi I have the same problem and my host won't change my php.ini settings but tells me I can make my own.

I can't really understand what I need to do. I created a text file naming it php.ini and All it contains is "memory_limit = 16M" no other text.

Is that all the content I need in the file and where do I put the file - the joomla root folder? the Plugin Folder? the content folder or the jwsigpro folder?