Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Simple Image Gallery java conflict?

• bcoots
  • bcoots's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 5 months ago #9153 by bcoots
Simple Image Gallery java conflict? was created by bcoots
I bought simple image gallery today, first I tried the free version. I installed SIG Pro and the thumbnails show up and then they go blank. The white shaded box is there but the actual picture disappears and you can't click on it anymore to open it.
Now I have a template from RocketTheme by the name of ModernBusiness which has a rotating header in it? Could this be causing a conflict somehow? I sort of figured out this is the problem because I can disable the rotating header and it works fine. I need the rotating header though so if anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Here is my web-site so you can check it out.

www.churchesofhistory.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=27

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #9154 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: Simple Image Gallery java conflict?
Check with Firefox. It displays fine. The problem obviously occurs on IE, because of the incompatible image file names. Your image files need to have names without any spaces or weird characters. E.g. "The image from holidays.jpg" should be renamed and uploaded as "the_image_from_holidays.jpg". Make sure these name are latin, alphanumeric and you can use a dash (-) or underscore (_). ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• bcoots
  • bcoots's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 5 months ago - 16 years 5 months ago #9155 by bcoots
Replied by bcoots on topic Re: Simple Image Gallery java conflict?
Tested this on a couple of the images. I went to my ftp and renamed them to BroadStChuchOfChrist1
BroadStChurchOfChrist2
BroadStChurchOfChrist3
BroadStChurchOfChrist4
BroadStChurchOfChrist5
and I still get the same result in IE. Your right, it does work fine in Firefox but it is still doing it in IE even with me re-naming the pictures.

P.S. It doesn't do it in IE6 either, it seems to be a IE7 issue. Any other suggestions.. I'm dieing for a solution here.