Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Problem with SIG Pro

• James David Gaylor
  • James David Gaylor's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 5 months ago - 16 years 5 months ago #9247 by James David Gaylor
Problem with SIG Pro was created by James David Gaylor
I'm working on a local install of Joomla prior to going live on a website I'm working on. I bought SIG Pro and did not have any trouble installing it. I loaded my pictures in a folder according to the instructions and made reference to them in the content. The pictures show up fine in the content. However when I click on an image to see a larger version of the thumbnail, the image that's generated is actually a good bit smaller than the original.  :(

I've tried to make the images that show up after the click bigger by manipulating the height and width in the plugin but haven't had any luck. Can somebody point me in the right direction to fix this issue?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 5 months ago #9248 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: Problem with SIG Pro
Hi my friend!

The image you can see after the click on the thumb
is actually the original image!
We don't make some kind of resize for the popup image!

I believe there could be a css conflict, that doesn't let the original image to be viewed all and a part of it is actually behind some other element!

Need to see it in action for more help!
Try to upload the site temporary at some server!

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• James David Gaylor
More
16 years 5 months ago #9249 by James David Gaylor
Replied by James David Gaylor on topic Re: Problem with SIG Pro
Thanks for replying Vinikey. I have since resolved the problem as it was a case of my misunderstanding how the software works. I've got the images showing on the content page as I want them to and then showing their proper size on popup. The only thing I have left to do that has not worked up until now is the adding of labels on the gallery images. At this point, I am thinking the reason the labels didn't work before was because the original images were too small to begin with. I'll post the results here after I've had a chance to work with it some more.

Thanks,
-guitardude

• James David Gaylor
More
16 years 5 months ago #9250 by James David Gaylor
Replied by James David Gaylor on topic Re: Problem with SIG Pro
Okay. I have tried again to show the labels on the popup images and it hasn't worked. Here's what I've done: I created a text file called "labels.txt" in which I listed every file in the directory along with the pipe symbol ("|") and the text I wanted to show on the image label on their own separate line. I saved the file as encoded UTF-8 with CR only as the site will reside on a Linux based web hosting provider's space.

When it didn't work the first time, I renamed the files and their respective entries in labels.txt as the filenames had spaces in them. I saved the file and refreshed the page that has the gallery published and still no change. Should this labels.txt file be encoded as UTF-8 with CR & LF or just LF? If possible, I would like to solve this before going live but at this point, I'm not going to sweat it too much if I can't get it working before then.

Thanks,
guitardude