Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Differences between Free and Pro versions?

• Carol Mattsson
  • Carol Mattsson's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 4 months ago #9760 by Carol Mattsson
Differences between Free and Pro versions? was created by Carol Mattsson
Hello,

Simple Image Gallery is what's presented at extensions.joomla.org, but all its links lead me to Simple Image Gallery PRO.  What is the difference between the two versions, besides price?

Simple Image Gallery is described here:

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1468/Itemid,35

Simple Image Gallery (Pro?) seems to be popular and what I'm looking for.  It might be that the non-Pro version may have all the features I need, plus be simpler and thus easier to use.  So I'd like to check first before purchasing the Pro version (I don't see a way to download the non-Pro version).

Thanks,
Carol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 4 months ago #9761 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: Differences between Free and Pro versions?
Hi my friend!

There are difference if you take a look at the features!

At SIG Free you can't find features like
1. Uses 5(!) popup-creation engines for maximum compatibility on your site
2. Advanced thumbnail caching (for improved performance)
3. Captions on thumbnails
4. Single thumbnail mode
etc

used in SIG Pro!

You can download if you want the SIG Free from our Download section at
www.joomlaworks.net/#downloads_section

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Carol Mattsson
  • Carol Mattsson's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 4 months ago #9762 by Carol Mattsson
Replied by Carol Mattsson on topic Re: Differences between Free and Pro versions?
Thanks for explaining Vinikey,

Also your link from another post, that contains a demo of SIG Pro, explains the differences as well, if I understand correctly:

About the demo of SIG Pro you can find some here!
demo.joomlaworks.net/content/view/36/50/

Pro adds the features described under "Going PRO" :

* adds ability to generate image galleries in developers' preferred JavaScript framework.  I have no idea what this means - I assume it has to do with the popup-creation engines you mentioned?

* custom galleries - set width, height, and display mode per gallery instead of for all galleries via the global settings

* individual captions/labels on popup images - I like the caption file idea - this might make it worth purchasing the PRO version for me

Thanks again,
Carol