Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Can both thumbnails and the big image be viewed on the same page?

• Carol Mattsson
  • Carol Mattsson's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 4 months ago #9763 by Carol Mattsson
Hello,

In the demos of Simple Image Gallery Pro, I don't see any examples of a strip of thumbnails being displayed along with the full-sized image.  Thus, once the visitor clicks on one of the thumbnails, all he/she can do is go forward and back through all images, instead of pick and choose the images he/she wants to see from a strip of thumbnails.

Is there an option for Simple Image Gallery, or Simple Image Gallery Pro, to display both the thumbnails and the image ... like viewing a small film strip below the image?

If there is such an option, can you point me to a demo that illustrates this feature?

By the way, I had trouble finding demos of Simple Image Gallery, and so passed it up early in my search for a gallery viewer for Joomla.  Few of the other viewers had demos, and Simple Image Gallery seems very popular so I persisted.  Here's how I finally found the demo examples:

The "demo" link from extensions.joomla.org (this page: extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1468/Itemid,35/)
... leads to this page:

demo.joomlaworks.net/

... which contains a demo of Front Page Slide Show ... it takes some time to figure out that if you scroll down to the description of Simple Image Gallery Pro, and click on the "read more" link, you'll be led to a page that contains a list of demos.

Cheers,
Carol Mattsson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 4 months ago #9764 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: Can both thumbnails and the big image be viewed on the same page?
Hi my friend!

The current version of SIG Pro doesn't support this feature

...like viewing a small film strip below the image

but its really good idea to realizing in the future versions!

About the demo of SIG Pro you can find some here!
demo.joomlaworks.net/content/view/36/50/

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Carol Mattsson
  • Carol Mattsson's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 4 months ago #9765 by Carol Mattsson
Hi Vinikey,

Thanks for explaining.  Too bad.

Your link to the demos describes the add-ons of SIG Pro not available in the free version, which was my other SIG question posted here:

forum.joomlaworks.net/index.php?topic=3118.0

Cheers,
Carol