Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Gallery Loading Issues and Phantom Thumbnails

More
16 years 3 months ago #10069 by tnt3
Hello,

I just purchased the SIG Pro version after successfully testing out the free version on my site.  After installing the Pro version, I seem to be experiencing some strange issues with the program.

First, I upload my images to specific directories under the following format: ....images/stories/main_directory/sub_directory
For some unknown reason I now get what appears to be thumbnail images from certain directories using SIGPro in the main ...images/stories/ directory with strange file names like 4g454gi563nm90fdsgnm459834a094.jpg etc any idea why this is occuring?

Second, On some galleries that are a bit larger or have multiple galleries on the same page the page does not load at all.  Before upgrading all my galleries were working without any problems. I can not determine if it is a server issue or just a program issue.  Like I stated some galleries on some pages load properly while others do not.  Galleries that are using the labels.txt are not loading at all either.

Any information or suggestions about these errors is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #10070 by tnt3
Hello all,

I figured out the problem with the phantom images, they were the temp. thumbnails that seem to be a part of the pro version and not the simple version which I was familiar with.  The only strange thing about it is that the directory they were assigned to be placed in was non-existing so it dumped them in the main root.  I actually had to make the /temp directory that was already assigned as the default location for these thumbnails to be placed.  Once that was done all these strange files where being placed in the correct directory and not mudding up my main root /stories directory.  This should be pointed out in the upgrade instructions if it is already not there. 

Thanks still having issues with loading some pages with galleries but believe it is a server issue will keep you posted.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 3 months ago #10071 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: Gallery Loading Issues and Phantom Thumbnails
Hi my friend!

There are case where the script can't create itself the temp folder
cause of the permission of the parent folder.

You have done right to create this folder manual!
Also, go to the mambot edit page and click on save ( this way, will be sure that the mambot params are stored in database for good )

Can you give us more info for the others problems you have with sig pro?
Also a direct link to the gallery could be helpful!

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 1 month ago #10072 by tnt3
Yes,  I fixed the temp thumbnail issues by manually creating a temp folder in the proper location on the server.  I still am having some performance issues and not sure if it is server related or program related. 

Here is an example of one of my articles with multiple galleries on it.  This page is fickle and loaded sometimes while other times it just hangs up while still other times it creates double Tabs (from your free TS plugin)
http://content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=262&Itemid=637
and this page
http://content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=265&Itemid=638

Please note before I upgraded to the Pro version, I did not experience any of these page loading problems or tab issues.  From what I read the SIGPro version actually is suppose to load faster which in my case is opposite loading slower or not at all or with some sort of errors on the page.  I spoke to the company that hosts my website and have a lot of knowledge about Joomla and they offered me the following steps to help correct the problems I am experiencing. Here is the link to what they suggested:

support.netfirms.com/idx.php/0/841/article/How-can-I-make-my-Joomla-website-load-faster.html

I went through there suggestions A-D and took care of the Cache issues which had not been set to on.  These initially helped the page load but since then it is very temperamental and loading properly is still an issue.  I did not do anything with the database directly like suggested in E since I know nothing about DB's. Also I choose to keep some modules that I am not currently using but will be in the future loaded.  I also did attempt to use the debugging part of joomla.

Like previously stated I was not having any issues when I was using the free version of SIG and the page in question does not have a labels.txt file attached to the photos yet (but is planned)

Here is a gallery that is working correctly for some reason on the same site and server.

http://content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=274&Itemid=647

This does have the labels.txt file used.

Thanks

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #10073 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: Gallery Loading Issues and Phantom Thumbnails
Hi my friend again!

Seems that the thumbnails are created any time?!
And this is the reason for the to long loading time every time we visit the page.
Have you checked this important post ?

Also the "double Tabs" problem is reported few times and usually have to do with the css conflict with the template or with the joomla cache system ( when it is enable )
Check also this post
The "double Tabs" arrear also at the page that work fine as you say?

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
16 years 3 months ago #10074 by tnt3
It fixed the code issue in the SIGPro as noted on the post linked and all appears to be working fine now.  I did see the fix in the forum but just downloaded the Pro version a week ago and figured since the post was a month old that it had been fixed already.  Anyhow thanks for the information and fix. 
As for the TS issue, I removed it and reinstalled it from a new download (I did already have version 2.3 loaded) and it appears to be working now.

Thanks for you help and the great applications you are developing. 

One last question is there a way to save or print the pop-up image in SIGPro?