Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Uninstall failed simple image gallery pro installation

• Familieminner
  • Familieminner's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 2 months ago #10853 by Familieminner
Everything went wrong when installing sigpro for joomla 1.5 How can I manually uninstall to start over again? Can't do the uninstall inside joomla, cause it says it isn't there, althoug it shows up on the plugings-page. And I can't make a new install cause it says it's already there... HELP HELP HELP ??? ::) :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 2 months ago #10854 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: Uninstall failed simple image gallery pro installation
Hi my friend!

This is really strange!  ???

Of course you can uninstall it manually
Need to remove the sig files from plugins/content folder
and remove the database entry  from the #__plugins table

Thank you

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Mikkel Wegener Bonde
More
16 years 2 months ago #10855 by Mikkel Wegener Bonde
Replied by Mikkel Wegener Bonde on topic Re: Uninstall failed simple image gallery pro installation
I have the same problem.
How do I "remove the database entry  from the #__plugins table"?

Best regards
Mikkel

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 2 months ago #10856 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: Uninstall failed simple image gallery pro installation
If you have access to the database of the site, as via phpmyadmin
just browse to the table and click on x where you find the entry for the sig.
DELETE FROM #__plugins WHERE `element` = "jwsigpro"

(replace the #__ prefix)

Also you can install some database manager component to do it, as com_pudba component.

Can you friends tell me what exactly problem is there, when uninstall the plugin?

I try to reproduce the issue and i can't. All the times the plugin unistall just ok.

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Mikkel Wegener Bonde
More
16 years 2 months ago #10857 by Mikkel Wegener Bonde
Replied by Mikkel Wegener Bonde on topic Re: Uninstall failed simple image gallery pro installation
I have access to the database, but there's no such entry.

Yesterday I installed the old version, plugin_jw_sigpro_1.2.zip on a Joomla 1.5 site. It didn't work, and today I recieved the new version, plugin_jw_sigpro-j15-1.2.zip. When i tried to install it I was told that a file in plugin/content already existed. So I deleted that file along with the other files and directories wich referred to sig. Unfortunately the new version of sig was partly installed and was probably using some of these files and I was not able to uninstall the new version. So now I'm stuck ... 

• Mikkel Wegener Bonde
More
16 years 2 months ago #10858 by Mikkel Wegener Bonde
When I try to uninstall I get this message: # Plugin Uninstall: Manifest File invalid or not found

-Mikkel

• Mikkel Wegener Bonde
More
16 years 2 months ago #10859 by Mikkel Wegener Bonde
Ooops, turns out I was looking in the wrong database. I have now managed to get sig uninstalled. But now I face a new problem. Even though I have given 777 rights to all files and directories I get the following error:

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file /mounted-storage/home74a/sub002/sc42662-NVXW/xxx.dk/images/stories/temp/a0f64c3af511e4e767614fb6d0c3a148.jpg because Permission denied in /mounted-storage/home74a/sub002/sc42662-NVXW/xxx.dk/plugins/content/jwsigpro/sigpro_engine.php on line 41

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/mounted-storage/home74a/sub002/sc42662-NVXW/xxx.dk/images/stories/temp/a0f64c3af511e4e767614fb6d0c3a148.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /mounted-storage/home74a/sub002/sc42662-NVXW/xxx.dk/plugins/content/jwsigpro/sigpro_engine.php on line 42

It looks like a permission problem, but if it doesn't help to CMOD 777, then I'm lost - help

• Mikkel Wegener Bonde
More
16 years 2 months ago #10860 by Mikkel Wegener Bonde
And I did it again. It was a permission issue

SOLVED (for my part)