Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Showing multiple copies of same images

• rihjol
  • rihjol's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 2 months ago #10892 by rihjol
I'm encountering an odd situation for all of our galleries:

Say we have a gallery with 14 images, when we click to bring it up, it shows a count of 42 images.  It's the same 14 images, three times over.  It starts loaded up on 29 of 42, the first image in the third "set", if you will.  The same thing happens for all galleries, of any size.

Any ideas?  Not a critical issue, but wonky and confusing for users.

Apologies if this is a dupe, but I checked pretty good and couldn't find this in the forums.

Thanks.
- chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #10893 by mobak
Replied by mobak on topic Re: Showing multiple copies of same images
I've seen the same thing. I'll bet you have three folders on the same level?

My situation is:

root/folder_level1/folder1
root/folder_level1/folder2
root/folder_level1/folder3
root/folder_level1/folder4
root/folder_level1/folder5
root/folder_level1/folder6

Displaying gallery "folder1" gives me the pictures in Folder1 six times.

Is your situation similar?

EDIT: Just made another test. Until now I didn't have any images in folder 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I just added an image to folder2 and that solved my problem for gallery "folder1". Strange, isn't it?

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #10894 by Ben Nowacky
Replied by Ben Nowacky on topic Re: Showing multiple copies of same images
That is how our folder structure is setup, but we weren't able to fix the problem as you stated... We have 20 folders under our "gallery" directory as designated in the mambot. We tried deleting all empty folders, but are still having the same issue.

If you want to check it out yourself, here's a link:
www.competitorsocal.com
www.competitorsocal.com/events/tour-of-california-photos-from-the-road.html

There are 2 galleries on the home page that you can see...

• rihjol
More
16 years 2 months ago #10895 by rihjol
Replied by rihjol on topic Re: Showing multiple copies of same images
We've narrowed down the source of the problem some, but haven't figured out a resolution.

This happens when we have multiple galleries on the same piece of ontent.  The plugin is inserting multiple copies of references to the javascript (the big chunk that plugin_jw_sigpro.php inserts).  Around like 120 in that .php file there's a check to keep this from happening, but the static variable $SIGProAdded keeps getting reset, instead of maintaining the value that lets it know that the js has already been included.

My suspicion is that it's a php configuration or something that's causing this static variable not to behave properly, but I can't find anything that makes sense.

Are there any php.ini settings that are needed for SIGPro to work?  Any new ideas from anyone?  Thanks.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 2 months ago #10896 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: Showing multiple copies of same images
Hi my friend rihjol!

Really strange that every time the variable $SIGProAdded getting reset!
First time reporting something like that!

Try to replace the code
static $SIGProAdded;
with that one
global $SIGProAdded;
and come back to tell us if work for you!

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• rihjol
More
16 years 2 months ago #10897 by rihjol
Replied by rihjol on topic Re: Showing multiple copies of same images
Thanks for the advice.  Have tried that, and a few other shoehorn ideas just to try and get it working.  Tried creating my own global variable that I knew nothing else was unsetting.  Tried shoving a flag into $_GLOBALS and $_SESSION, but the same symptoms.  Each successive call to jw_gallery(), everything is unset or empty.  Very, very odd.  Also, getting multiple calls to this even after I've removed all but one gallery.  Caching disabled and all. 

Trying to get a debugger loaded up properly so I can step through and see what's _really_ going on, but that's something of a chore w/ php.

When I find a resolution I'll post it. =/  In the meantime, any other ideas are always welcome.  :)

More
16 years 2 months ago #10898 by Ben Nowacky
I think we found the problem.... in plugin_sig_pro.php, $sigheader was called twice. once on line 193, and then again on line 202.

We commented out the reference on line 202, and that seemed to fix the problem.

We also uncommented ln 192
#mainframe->addCustomHeadtag($sigheader)

So the js/css would get put into the head of the document... All seems to be working right in the world. Though we are surprised that this issue has not arised for anyone else. With the duplicate $Sigheader calls, we would think that this would be an issue for all installs, not just ours.

Thanks again for the help!

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 1 month ago #10899 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: Showing multiple copies of same images
Hi my friends!

Well, if in this way works for your system its ok to know that!  :)

$sigheader variable is used to store temporary the js will be insert in the head section of the document.
And the function mainframe->addCustomHeadtag($sigheader) do that work

There are times where cause others scripts the sig pro js need to be loaded in the head section and other times in the body section!

If any of you could be give us a direct link to see it in action, will be helpful for us!

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
16 years 1 month ago #10900 by Ben Nowacky
You can check out either of the links posted in my first post on this topic for links to the broken version of the gallery, and you'll see what it's doing now.

We're going to roll out the fixed version next week. As soon as we have it up, we'll drop a final note here to let you know when the changed version is live.

Thanks for the help!