Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Description length and text deleted issue

• Luke Douglas
  • Luke Douglas's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #157939 by Luke Douglas
Description length and text deleted issue was created by Luke Douglas
I am having an issue with the description length. When I am in the SIG Component, go to a gallery, and add the Description to an image and then save the gallery. The entire text including HTML styling is saved in the en-GB.labels.txt file. If I go back to the gallery, it only shows about 120 characters of the Description that is in the en-GB.labels.txt file even though there a scrollbar is displayed. If I save the gallery again, now only the Description of about 120 characters that was displayed is saved to the en-GB.labels.txt file. In this one image, the 'full' description is 1704 (including spaces and HTML code. Once the full description is saved in the en-GB.labels.txt file, when the 'FancyBox' pop-up is displayed, it only displays about 252 characters.

To be honest, I find it disturbing that while in the component and editing a gallery, that the full description is not displayed even though it is in the en-GB.labels.txt file and, therefore, when the gallery is saved again, it now truncates the full description down to what was actually displayed in the Description field. I consider this a bug.

So how can I get the 'full' description to be displayed both in the administrator backend and on the pop-up display?
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Luke Douglas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #157960 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Description length and text deleted issue
Hello Luke,

Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

If possible send us a link to the issue with Super User credentials as well.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.