Keyword

[SOLVED] Warning JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder

• Randall
  • Randall's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #55147 by Randall
I've been getting the below problem when trying to use SIG. This is a new website, and just installed the plugin because I wanted a gallery and I have used this one in the past with great success. I have tried several settings, but nothing seems to make it work.

Warning
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /public_html/images/potluck

Notice
There was a problem rendering your image gallery. Please make sure that the folder you are using in the Simple Image Gallery plugin tags exists and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder: images/potluck

What I have tried. Using variations of the plugin script to include the use of / character, creating /stories folder and moving the there, changed the root directory, Turned on conservative caching (saw a thread that said caching was the problem), checked the permissions on the image folder (set to 755), Created folder first time through FTP program, then deleted and recreated folder and uploaded images through Media Manager, also added .jpg to legal extensions, even though .jpeg was there...still got the same error...Media manager can see the folder/images. I also installed a fresh second copy of J3 with GoDaddy's Installatron (similar to SimpleScripts), which I used to install the site the first time, to test if it was a setting I may had changed...but even on the fresh install, I got the same error. I used script on different articles and for different folders...same error.

I also had tried using another plugin Simple Image Gallery Extended...no relation, correct? Anyway's, I got a similar error using that plugin too. I also made sure to only have this or SIG enabled at a time, not both at a time since they both use the same {gallery} tag. Not sure if that is helpful or not.

Joomla is up-to-date, as is the plugin, v3 for J3.x

I think I've tried everything and I am honestly out of ideas.

-Randall
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by Randall. Reason: More info on SIGE usage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #55159 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Warning JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder
Hi. I recommend that you read the documentation. The setup is simple. Set the the root folder in plugin settings. Then use the appropriate tag. For example if you set the root folder to "images/potluck" and use the tag {gallery}test{/gallery} then the plugin will look for image files in the folder "images/potluck/test" .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Randall
  • Randall's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #55168 by Randall
Replied by Randall on topic Warning JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder
What kind of witchcraft is this?!

I did read the documentation before and I followed it to the letter. But you do know what you are talking about so I re-read it and see nothing, 100% nothing different.

But I do take the script from the documentation and copy and paste it in to the article, changed the folder name to potluck, and it works! Funny thing is, this was exactly what I had in the article before hand!!! I delete the script and re-type it myself to see if it was a wrong character I had used, but it still works!!!

Gah!!! And this is why I hate Joomla.

Thanks,

-Randall

EDIT: Found the problem. The actual problem. Text formatting. I have to clear formatting after typing the plugin script, otherwise I will get that error. I am using the default Joomla editor, not sure why that would be a problem.
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by Randall.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #55184 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Warning JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder
You can have HTML markup but it should be outside the tag. The actual tag needs to be clear so the plugin can detect it.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 9 months ago #56100 by Sasha
Randall, THANKS a lot! )))) I was almost out of my mind before I found this topic.