Keyword

Column height causing images to be too spaced out...please help. Thanks.

• ComposerRyan
  • ComposerRyan's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 3 months ago #9815 by ComposerRyan
Hello, my image thumbnails in my article seem to be spread apart WAY TOO much.  I have outlined all of the tables and css elements in blue (of course they do not appear when you actually visit the website.)  Please take a look at this image:

File Attachment:

Why is the column heights that high?  I have tried editing the .css but I can't find the area to fix this.  You help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ComposerRyan
  • ComposerRyan's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 3 months ago #9816 by ComposerRyan
I found the solution by searching the forums...and here it is:

Step 1) Go into plugin_jw_sig.php under your mambots/content/ folder.

Step 2) Find the following code and edit the ($_height_+20} to something like ($_height_-75} as I have done here:

<!-- JW "Simple Image Gallery" Plugin (v1.2.1) starts here -->
<link href="'.$mosConfig_live_site.'/mambots/content/plugin_jw_sig/sig.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<style type="text/css">.sig_cont {width:'.($_width_+30).'px;height:'.($_height_-75).'px;}</style>

It seems to be working for me great in both Mozilla and IE.  Thanks to teh developers for this awesome plugin.

More
15 years 11 months ago #9817 by nielso

I found the solution by searching the forums...and here it is:

Step 1) Go into plugin_jw_sig.php under your mambots/content/ folder.

Step 2) Find the following code and edit the ($_height_+20} to something like ($_height_-75} as I have done here:

<!-- JW "Simple Image Gallery" Plugin (v1.2.1) starts here -->
<link href="'.$mosConfig_live_site.'/mambots/content/plugin_jw_sig/sig.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<style type="text/css">.sig_cont {width:'.($_width_+30).'px;height:'.($_height_-75).'px;}</style>

It seems to be working for me great in both Mozilla and IE.  Thanks to teh developers for this awesome plugin.

Yes, this works. One questions though. It seems that the spacing it measures is measured from the center of the thumbnail. So the spacing is the same for a portrait or landscape picture. To get sufficient spacing for both landscape and portrait you need quite some spacing, but it is not a nice view since you will end up with a lot of space in case of only landscape pictures. Is there a way around this so the spacing is sensitive to a landscape or portrait thumbnail?

Thanks.

More
15 years 10 months ago #9818 by Janette Day
try checking the aspect ratio of your photos, I was customizing my gallery thumbnail size to 500:460 and there was lots of space under the photos - changing the size to 500:380 worked for me