Keyword

Having A Problem. JoomlaWorks Components and Plugins not working for me!

• Lamech Bob-Manuel
  • Lamech Bob-Manuel's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 2 months ago #11900 by Lamech Bob-Manuel
I download the plugin installed it but it hasnt work at all. Here is the error Im getting:

Warning: opendir(/home/blackou1/public_html/images/stories/BFDCStroll/BFDCStrollShowWinners(1).jpg) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Not a directory in /home/blackou1/public_html/mambots/content/plugin_jw_sig.php on line 46

Im not exactly sure whats going on....any insight? I also have front page slideshow and Ajax Voting system, which dont work at all either.

Site: BlackOutUcf.com
error: blackoutucf.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• metacortex
  • Designer
More
16 years 2 months ago #11901 by metacortex
Hi,

Apache is telling you that directory don't exists. If exists, do you reviewed if your directory have the correct name, including lower/uppercase characters?

BTW:

BFDCStrollShowWinners(1).jpg

Try to use web-compatible characters in file names, for example: BFDCStrollShowWinners-1.jpg

&quot;If you fall down seven times, get up eight.&quot;<br /><br />JoomlaWorks Support Team

More
16 years 2 months ago #11902 by Daniel Borszik
I recognized that sig got difficulties with capital letters at my server. I got the same error message like you did, but after writing everything in small letters and without spaces it workes alright.

Greets,
Daniel

• Lamech Bob-Manuel
More
16 years 2 months ago #11903 by Lamech Bob-Manuel
Yea now i no longer have that error...thanx a bunch! but now the pictures wont show

blackoutucf.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=1

• Lamech Bob-Manuel
More
16 years 2 months ago #11904 by Lamech Bob-Manuel
I found this in another thread and it worked

All;

Ignore my previous post.  I figured out the tweak I needed.  If you are hosted on SiteGround servers, they have a solution in their forums.

But, basically, the directory for SIG needs to have permissions set to 755.  TO test this I re-isntalled SIG and looked at showthumb.php and it had permissions of 755.  But the directory of plugin_jw_sig had 777, so I changed it to 755 and now thumbnails are working.

Ciao,
Steve