Keyword

SIG for Joomla 1.5x...

• lordhanes
  • lordhanes's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 2 months ago #11975 by lordhanes
SIG for Joomla 1.5x... was created by lordhanes
It is allready March and there is no support for Joomla 1.5...
On the site is posted very clear that within February 2008 will be done!

I hope I will find some proffessionalism here, am I wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #11976 by johnnicely
Replied by johnnicely on topic Re: SIG for Joomla 1.5x...
I just realized what's going on here... If you've already purchased the plugin, login to your account and then download it again.  It has the zips for both 1.0 and 1.5, and they both are perfectly functional.  Hope this helps!

They need to make it more clear on the site though!

• lordhanes
More
16 years 2 months ago #11977 by lordhanes
Replied by lordhanes on topic Re: SIG for Joomla 1.5x...
No.... I was speaking about SIG the free version, not SIGPro, and on site it is very clear writen:

DOWNLOAD OUR MOST POPULAR FREE EXTENSIONS & TEMPLATES

To download any of our free products, simply click on the appropriate box below! See all our extensions & templates -free and commercial- here.
Please note that these extensions are compatible with Joomla! 1.0.x and Mambo 4.5.x/4.6.x for the moment. Native Joomla! 1.5 versions will also be available within February 2008.

...and nothing yet...

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #11978 by brianss
Replied by brianss on topic Re: SIG for Joomla 1.5x...
I would have to agree.  The site clearly states February 2008 for the free release.  Perhaps this is a scheme for them to get everyone to purchase the Pro version, which would be fine.  However, I have sent them countless emails on questions that I have regarding the Pro version and I have not received any responses back.  Even under the Pro forum, I have seen so many postings with zero responses.  To me, that's not a good sign, especially if you are actually paying for the product. I was hoping to try out the free version before committing to the Pro version.  I'm starting with Joomla 1.5 and I really don't have any intention of installing 1.0, just to see how this component works and it's options.  Perhaps it's time to start looking elsewhere for another gallery component.  If your not planning to have a free version for the latest Joomla release, then quit advertising it on your web site or at least update the release date.

:( 

• lordhanes
More
16 years 2 months ago #11979 by lordhanes
This is surely lack of proffessionalism!!! No replay to mails and no replay to posts...what do you expect?...To write on the every forum of the net that you are a nonsense company(or organisation)?

If there are many people(like me) waiting for the free versions, do not wait any more...already exists EXPOSE!

More
16 years 2 months ago #11980 by ctoestreich
Replied by ctoestreich on topic Re: SIG for Joomla 1.5x...
I pushed out a simple 1.5 fix.

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=304&t=274529

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #11981 by brianss
Replied by brianss on topic Re: SIG for Joomla 1.5x...
I tried applying that fix, but got the following error...

Warning: opendir(/CHANGE_ME/TO_YOUR/DIR/images/stories/food) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No error in C:\wamp\www\joomla_demo\plugins\content\plugin_jw_sig.php on line 50

I used the following image path in my article: {gallery}food{/gallery}

I tried this against the free 1.2.1 release.  Any suggestions?  By the way, if the fix only requires a few tweaks, then why is it taking the developer forever to release a compatible 1.5 version.  Unbelievable!

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #11982 by ctoestreich
Replied by ctoestreich on topic Re: SIG for Joomla 1.5x...

I tried applying that fix, but got the following error...

Warning: opendir(/CHANGE_ME/TO_YOUR/DIR/images/stories/food) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No error in C:\wamp\www\joomla_demo\plugins\content\plugin_jw_sig.php on line 50

I used the following image path in my article: {gallery}food{/gallery}

I tried this against the free 1.2.1 release.  Any suggestions?  By the way, if the fix only requires a few tweaks, then why is it taking the developer forever to release a compatible 1.5 version.  Unbelievable!

Please note the doc to change the path /CHANGE_ME/TO_YOUR/DIR/ to your physical path on the machine.  I tried to illustrate that in the docs on the code, but perhaps it wasn't exactly clear.  Change the line $rootSite = '/CHANGE_ME/TO_YOUR/DIR'; to $rootSite = '/apache2/root/site/blah';  or whatever the path to your site is.  Of you can try and change it to global variable for root if you have that turned on.

Perhaps try:

$rootSite = "C://wamp//www//joomla_demo//";

or

$rootSite = "C:\wamp\www\joomla_demo\";

• lordhanes
More
16 years 2 months ago #11983 by lordhanes
Very good job! It is really working, showing the pictures, just that is not compleatly functional... Thanks a lot ctoestreich!

Can some one of you(who had purchase the pro version for Joomla 1.5) post the plugins\content\plugin_jw_sig.php file on the forum? Pls...

:)

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #11984 by 2GO Media
Replied by 2GO Media on topic Re: SIG for Joomla 1.5x...

This is surely lack of proffessionalism!!! No replay to mails and no replay to posts...what do you expect?...To write on the every forum of the net that you are a nonsense company(or organisation)?

If there are many people(like me) waiting for the free versions, do not wait any more...already exists EXPOSE!

i don't normally post on product forums but this thread got to me. I will just assume english isn't your first language so i don't bother with that aspect of your post.

While you are correct that the site states Feb 08 for Joomla1.5 versions of everything, i don't see it as a huge lack of professionalism that they have chosen to support their paid software clients before those wanting free software.

There have been greater pieces of software at greater cost much further behind schedule from much larger companies...

You want to trash talk a company because they haven't supported what you want for a product you didn't pay for. You have plenty of options, use a 1.0 release of joomla, use one of the many other free solutions that are a bit inferior or shell out a whopping 12 euros (20USD) for software that is more than worth paying for.

If joomlaworks charged for all their projects... they would still be a worthwhile company to me and many other professionals. but that they offer solutions that make our lives so much easier (allvideo, PNG fix, media manager) for free and their purchase software is almost a steal for its low pricing... (not to mention them being a friendly helpful bunch on the forums when they do post) and yet, you feel you have a right to demand something you did nothing for...

ridiculous. use expose. it is bloated, branded and lacks the simplicity of Simple Image Gallery basic or pro.

and don't ask those of us that paid for our software to give over the files because you can't be bothered to open your wallet or be civil to the company you are demanding freebies from.