Keyword

Conflict with Weather.com embedded script

• LukeDouglas
  • LukeDouglas's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 11 months ago - 15 years 11 months ago #14160 by LukeDouglas
Conflict with Weather.com embedded script was created by LukeDouglas
SIG was installed and working fine with the lightbox effect.  When a gallery image was clicked, it displayed the image overlayed on top of the webpage and had the navigation capability.

I inserted Weather.com code to embed weather information for the local community.  I did this by creating a new Module and pasted the Weather.com configuration code that I got off the Weather.com website into the HTML code.  It works fine but on the pages that had both the SIG {gallery} content and the weather module, the lightbox effect does not work and the gallery images are opened in a new browser when clicked.

My initial fix was to simply publish the weather module only to the home page which corrected the problem on those pages using the SIG {gallery} content.  One interesting aspect is that on the home page, the 'jcebox' class which is a part of the JCE Editor works fine for the lightbox effect even though the weather module is also on the home page.

The website is headlandal.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 which is our local chamber of commerce.

Here is the Weather.com code:
<div id="wx_module_4480" align="center">
<a href="http://www.weather.com/weather/local/36345">36345 (Headland Weather Forecast, AL)</a>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
/* Locations can be edited manually by updating 'wx_locID' below.  Please also update */
/* the location name and link in the above div (wx_module) to reflect any changes made. */
var wx_locID = '36345';
/* If you are editing locations manually and are adding multiple modules to one page, each */
/* module must have a unique div id.  Please append a unique # to the div above, as well */
/* as the one referenced just below.  If you use the builder to create individual modules  */
/* you will not need to edit these parameters. */
var wx_targetDiv = 'wx_module_4480';
/* Please do not change the configuration value [wx_config] manually - your module */
/* will no longer function if you do.  If at any time you wish to modify this */
/* configuration please use the graphical configuration tool found at */
/* https://registration.weather.com/ursa/wow/step2 */
var wx_config='SZ=728x90*WX=FHW*LNK=LSTL*UNT=F*BGI=flower*MAP=null|null*DN=headlandal.org*TIER=0*PID=1064707344*MD5=4ccdea7dd127cb9e5a83dccd762ed299';
document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="'+document.location.protocol+'//wow.weather.com/weather/wow/module/'+wx_locID+'?config='+wx_config+'&proto='+document.location.protocol+'&target='+wx_targetDiv+'"></scr'+'ipt>');  
</script>

Is there a workaround so that I can have both the SIG and the Weather.com code on the same page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.