Keyword

Alt-text for thumbnails and prev/next -(image)text editing

• mluomala
  • mluomala's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #17184 by mluomala
Hi,
When I'm typing alt-text, there keeps coming html-code also. Why's that? For example I'd like to type a simple text "Click the image to get it bigger", but after the text there are also code like:

<b>10.jpg<b/> and I don't want this to be seen.

Example is here:
team69.fi/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=29

The second question is about "translation". I'd like to translate 'prev' and 'next' and 'close' -textboxes into Finnish but I don't have a permission to change the files. Is there some copyright-thing... even though I just want to Finnish the plugin.

BR,
Maija

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #17185 by cathy
The way I got rid of the alt tag was to uninstall the plugin, and delete the plugin_jw_sig folder, jwsig.php and jwsig.xml files from the plugins/content folder.

Then unzip the plugin package you originally downloaded onto your desktop. Go into the unzipped folder. Open up jwsig.php in an editor, go to line 122 and delete from
< b >
  to
</b>
  :
else {$html .= '<b>'.$images[$a]['filename'].'</b>';}

so it should become:

else {$html .= '';}

Then save the file (with the same file name)
Now rezip the folder (I used a different folder name)

Then reinstall to joomla using this zipped package. Go to the plugin manager, and enable the plugin, then in its settings turn off the navigation tip and nice message.

As for changing the other files' languages, you could also use the same method of uninstalling the plugin, deleting leftover files, editing the original files locally, rezipping the package and re installing. this gets round the annoying permissions settings on the FTP

hope this helps!

• mluomala
  • mluomala's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 7 months ago #17186 by mluomala
Thank you Cathy,
I'll try these as soon as possible, I'll report later on how it went.

Thanks again for your answer!
:)
maija