Keyword

what extensions to test and how when javascript conflict

• Kriticall
  • Kriticall's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 7 months ago #17669 by Kriticall
hello

in the "please read this first topic" it says

- If the popup image opens in a new window, it means there's some javascript conflict with another extension in your site. So report what other extensions you have and provide some URL. Since SIG uses Slimbox (=Mootools based) if you have any jQuery based extensions it will probably conflict.

OK- but what extension  exactly do you mean, the components or other mambots or modules.

The thing is, that I have upgraded to pro and had a number of bad behaviours, even inside the lightbox that opened at one point, but now after a re-installation which I was hoping to solve all the problems, light-box does not work at all anymore. Was I supposed to do more then a simple deinstallation before re-installing the pro plug-in

the link to the site is: artemis-crete.eu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=31

please insert the www or http yourself, I don't want the bots to capture the link this way  ;)

Now, on another site with has pretty much the same extension, except the "expose" flash gallery, the plug in works just right and as it should ...

If it was the Expose Flash Gallery, which by itself actually does not open the last level in light-box, not sure if that is feature or just on their demo site,

What is there to do, can it be solved by a line of code or elsewhere, I very much would like to use both

BTW I also have changed to another template, in particular the one that works on my other website , but with out a change

I appreciate a lot if you could kindly help me to sort out the light-box

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kriticall
  • Kriticall's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 7 months ago #17670 by Kriticall
hello

well,, since there was 154 views of my posting until now, some of you might have noticed, that the above given link kind of works fine now

In my misunderstood context, I can report to those who might actually understand the context, that after a total sql database drop out and regain, it appears to work fine now

I am kind of pleased since it looks alright, but nevertheless one problem remains, which is:

each time I would alter the settings in the mambot plug-in backend setting, apply and save and also clear the browser cache memory, I will still get the "previous" settings look on the site, also after several cache clears and site reloads

Does anybody have an explanation of how to reset the actual plugin setting cache in order to update settings with the click when applying ?

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.