Keyword

J!4.3.2 Category List Menu Item Unexpected Behavior

• Bruce Scherzinger
  • Bruce Scherzinger's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 months 3 days ago - 10 months 3 days ago #181037 by Bruce Scherzinger
J!4.3.2 Category List Menu Item Unexpected Behavior was created by Bruce Scherzinger
I have a Category List menu item. The menu item has the category and subcategory descriptions disabled. There are no subcategories in this particular case. The one and only article in this category (at the moment) has an instance of the Simple Image Gallery (SIG) plugin {gallery}folder_path{/gallery} in its introtext section following one line of text. Unless I put the {gallery} tag after a Read More page separator, it appears to be at least generating thumbnail images. I can tell this because:
  1. If the path is valid, it takes considerably longer to load the category list page.
    • Note: No gallery is rendered on the page.
  2. If the path is invalid, two system messages are output:
    • Joomla\CMS\Filesystem\Folder::files: Path is not a folder. Path: [ROOT]/images/gallery/40-year-reunion/class-of-77-40-year-reunion (warning message)
    • No galleries to render on this page. (info message; this is a language file customized message)
Normally on my gallery pages, the folder_path is constructed using an Articles Anywhere (AA) {article} plugin instance that should only be rendered and will only work when the article is rendered since the AA plugin needs information about the article to create the valid folder_path. The article's introtext preceding the {gallery} tag is not displayed and the gallery is not rendered, but it does seem as if the article's introtext content is being prepared within the article(s) in the category and that is causing the messages. Again, inserting a Read More separator before the {gallery} tag does eliminate the messages, so that's my workaround for now.

This behavior may be intentional so that the thumbnail images get rendered sooner, but that seems unlikely. It is an issue when using auto-generated folder paths that need information from the article.

Joomla: 4.3.2
PHP: 8.1.18
DB: 10.6.14-MariaDB
Simple Image Gallery: 4.2 (JoomlaWorks)
Articles Anywhere: 14.0 PRO (Regular Labs)

Thanks for the great (free) plugin!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.