Keyword

Mambot still shows deleted images

More
16 years 10 months ago #5037 by maven
Mambot still shows deleted images was created by maven
After I have removed an image from a gallery, the mambot still shows a placeholder for that deleted image in the content.  Shouldn't it display images on the fly and not cache a removed image?

Thanks.

I am using the latest version 1.2.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #5038 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: Mambot still shows deleted images
Hi there!

SIG doesn't cache the thumbs as do SIG PRO.

Try to clean up the cache of your browser and try to clean up the cache of the Joomla ( if you use it ).

Can you give also a link to see the problem?

Thank you!

EDIT: Solved through email support!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
16 years 9 months ago #5039 by Bigjohn
Replied by Bigjohn on topic Re: Mambot still shows deleted images
vinkey -

Just an FYI - I know that you're trying to get people to pay up for PRO, but at the very least the "free" version should cache / control thumbnails.  This is a server performance issue more than anything.  I am a hosting service provider, and I could not allow a lot of users to have this product on my servers without some caching control...

Regards,
John
www.mybrainhost.com

More
16 years 9 months ago #5040 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: Mambot still shows deleted images
@Bigjohn

Well, since Vinikey is the co-founder of JoomlaWorks, I don't see any reason why he should NOT mention his products -both free or commercial- anywhere in this forum.

You on the other hand obviously did not miss the chance to advertise yourself as well your hosting. I will kindly ask you to retract such comments or stop advertising your business here.

Thank you.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
16 years 8 months ago #5041 by Bigjohn
Replied by Bigjohn on topic Re: Mambot still shows deleted images

@Bigjohn

Well, since Vinikey is the co-founder of JoomlaWorks, I don't see any reason why he should NOT mention his products -both free or commercial- anywhere in this forum.

You on the other hand obviously did not miss the chance to advertise yourself as well your hosting. I will kindly ask you to retract such comments or stop advertising your business here.

Thank you.

Please excuse me but I don't understand your complaint. I have nothing against a free version vs pro version when they offer different features.

My comment was simply to state:

1 - I know you want people to buy the Pro version
2 - Cacheing / Create once of the thumbnail is a performance feature that should be considered for even the free version.

I like the component, and there are other features in the PRO version that make it of interest to me for one of the sites I have developed.  Having said that, as a service provider myself, I feel it is important to tell developers that optimized code should not be an "option".  Features, on the other hand, can be.

Is that a more clear explanation of what I was saying?  I know there are a lot of different "first languages" out there - mine is American English, so it may be that you did not interpret my phrases properly and for that I appologize.