Keyword

SIMPLE RSS 1.5 Activation takes site down

• videojammer
  • videojammer's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #20023 by videojammer
SIMPLE RSS 1.5 Activation takes site down was created by videojammer
I am still having an issue with RSS Feed Readers, but I am modifying this message as it appears that all instances of Simple RSS or any RSS feed reader installed on any site across the server is causing the site to go down. Therefore I updating this post to reflect that this appears to be a PHP issue related to the server and not the Simple RSS Program.

I am still looking for a solution. All required PHP programs are installed and this module was operating properly as of recently.

I'll post any solutions here. If you have encountered this please feel free to post your solution.

Thank you.

JR

I have had this module installed for about two months and it worked just fine. Then, without warning, my site went down, index.php would not resolve. After much time loss I discover that this module when enable stops the site from performing. I only learned this  when I went to reinstall this module on the new site thinking I need to reinstall the site, but it turned is was this module, becuase once again after the module install, as soon as i activated the module, BOOM, this site goes down. Joomla 1.5.8, simple rss 1.5 native.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #20024 by lukass2000
Replied by lukass2000 on topic Re: SIMPLE RSS 1.5 Activation takes site down
Hello!

Have same problem.
If I do Simple RSS I get only a white page.
Have it on three different servers tried.
Did Joomla 1.5.9. Under Joomla 1.0.15 has Simple RSS works perfectly.

Has to be a council?

THANK YOU!

More
15 years 4 hours ago #20025 by Michael Newcomb
Replied by Michael Newcomb on topic Re: SIMPLE RSS 1.5 Activation takes site down
I'm having the same problem!  It was working fine for about an hour, then suddenly my site only shows a blank page when I visit.  If I disable Simple RSS, it works fine.  Any thoughts??  I am running Joomla 1.5.10.

More
14 years 11 months ago #20026 by Michael Newcomb
Replied by Michael Newcomb on topic Re: SIMPLE RSS 1.5 Activation takes site down
Anyone have any thoughts?  I have removed, redownloaded, and reinstalled the application a few times with no different results.  It works at first, then suddenly does not.