Keyword

YouTube not counting views through Allvideos

More
9 years 2 months ago #141150 by Elena
Hello,

I have migrated a joomla 1.5 website to joomla 3 and noticed the following:

Even though same video embeded with allvideos plugin in J1.5 was instantly counted as a view in Youtube video page, in J3 the views have never been counted.
We replaced allvideos with another plugin with same link ({youtube}blahblah{/youtube} and they are counted normally!
Is there a problem in plugin version for J3 and if so how can i fix it?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #141165 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic YouTube not counting views through Allvideos
Hi,

I don't think that this is an issue of the plugin. The plugin is using the code that YouTube recommends. Also note that when views of a video reach 300 YouTube will try to verify the new views before increasing the counter.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #141180 by Elena
I am aware of the issue of 300+ but as stated above the same video (under 300hits) in J1.5 counts instantly, in J3 do not count at all with Allvideos.
When i used another plugin in J3 instead of AllVideos (that uses same link {youtube}whatever{/youtube}) the hits where instanty counted again.

Have double checked this with: J1.5-J2.5-J3 with several templates from diffrent frameworks and different servers (Apache, Nginx) and results were:

Joomla 1.5 - different servers - frameworks/templates - Youtube counts hits instantly under 300
Joomla 2.5 - different servers - frameworks/templates - Youtube counts hits dont count under 300 - When Allvideos was replaced the hits were counted instantly
Joomla 3 - different servers - frameworks/templates - Youtube counts hits dont count under 300 - When Allvideos was replaced the hits were counted instantly

Any ideas?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Elena. Reason: spelling - omg

More
9 years 2 months ago #141262 by Lefteris
Compare the HTML output of the plugins . AllVideos is using the recommended output by YouTube ( iframe ).

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 2 months ago #141265 by Elena
No worries, we read through your code and fixed the issue in the plugin as of two days now.

Thank you

More
9 years 2 months ago #141298 by Lefteris
It would be very helpful for the rest member of the community to share what you did in case someone faces the same issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 2 months ago #141308 by Elena
If we are allowed to give information about such changes on the forum, the solution was as follows:

The recommended output by YouTube ( iframe ) was not sending the click information back to Youtube and we simply used Object instead.

Looks like it is doing the job and no conflicts or other issues seem to be appearing since.

More
9 years 1 month ago #141351 by Lefteris
Thank you for sharing.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 1 month ago #141488 by bertm
This looks like a pretty important update. Will it get released? Will you publish a hack if necessary?

More
9 years 1 month ago #141489 by Elena
I do not know if this issue was only in my websites due to a plugin,module or whatever combination i commonly use, not sure it is recommended to do this without checking first. It has not been tested and might break the plugin. Could authors check and confirm?