Keyword

Default (Frontpage) Layout

More
14 years 10 months ago #69041 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Default (Frontpage) Layout
:D Glad I could FINALLY be of some help :)

leigh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #69042 by jh
Replied by jh on topic Default (Frontpage) Layout
silversas said:The option is in Components > K2 > Enter a category > Category view options > Show also child's categories items. The trick seems to be that you have to create a top-level K2 category (let's call it "Home"), and set the above option for that category. Now, go into all the other top-level categories you want included on the home page, and change the Parent from Top to Home.

For the menu button, set it for just the Home category, not all categories. Now it will generate the second-level categories (which were formerly top-level) without the items.

If support is added for assigning multiple categories, we could actually generate several different "Home" pages this way. Now that would be sweet.

Hello there

I've installed K2 and I'm trying to figure out how to build a K2 home page but can't find any answer.
I've whatched the germany presentation video and read this thread also...

Here you said:The option is in Components > K2 > Enter a category > Category view options > Show also child's categories items.
But after research I don't have such option available with latest K2 version for the category display and finaly can't get any front page at all to display...

Can someone please give me a hint as there no existing documentation to help beginners ??

Thanks ;)

More
14 years 2 days ago #69043 by Ivan DelSol
Replied by Ivan DelSol on topic Default (Frontpage) Layout
This thread got me very close to what I want to do. I have my top-level category and can now see all my sub-categories on the front page.
THE QUESTION: How do I show the sub-category images, not just names?