Keyword

Recently migrated hosts - now ALL files have become unattached in K2!

• that library
  • that library's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 day ago #82989 by that library
I recently migrated my website (switched hosting companies) and now ALL of my file attachments have come unattached within K2! I can see them in the backend Admin area when clicking on the item, and then the Attachments tab, and even download the document, but it is unavailable in the front end as a user. The Error that is shown is "File does not exist." Where are the uploaded attachments *supposed* to be stored in the file tree on the server? And why would an attachment be showing in the Admin area but not for the front-end?I really need help on this as my K2 section is the main part of my website...Thanks in advance ~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 day ago #82990 by william white
I suspect this is a problem with the paths in the server, which are sometimes different.
By default on my dedicated server they are stored in
./media/k2/attachments/imagetab.jpg, a test file i uploaded as an attachment and searhed for.

• that library
More
14 years 1 day ago #82991 by that library
Thank you William. I see that folder now on the server, however, the only file in it is one I re-attached earlier today. Nowhere to be found are all of the ones that *I* can see in the Admin when I open up an item and click on "attachments" tab...

I can't understand why they would all come un-attached, and if I can see them in the Admin area - where the heck are they?? And more importantly, how do I fix this?

More
14 years 1 day ago #82992 by william white
If that is the only file you can see, did you move the rest of the files from the other host?

Carolyn Harris said:Thank you William. I see that folder now on the server, however, the only file in it is one I re-attached earlier today. Nowhere to be found are all of the ones that *I* can see in the Admin when I open up an item and click on "attachments" tab...
I can't understand why they would all come un-attached, and if I can see them in the Admin area - where the heck are they?? And more importantly, how do I fix this?

• that library
More
14 years 1 day ago #82993 by that library
Yes, all the files within my joomla site were migrated over. That was on eof the first things I thought of, yet, they were all migrated over!

Looks like I just have to re-attach every... single... entry - ugh :(

More
14 years 1 day ago #82994 by william white
not good.
how many items are like this

More
14 years 23 hours ago #82995 by Marty Peet
Hey, realise it is a bit '...horse has bolted' but you should really look at the Akeeba backup/migration utility, it is truly brilliant when moving sites between hosts/uploading/downloading:

extensions.joomla.org/search?q=akeeba

More
14 years 19 hours ago #82996 by Simon Wells
Do you still have access to the previous host files?
How was the backup/transfer done?

Simon
K2 Support

More
14 years 18 hours ago #82997 by Marty Peet
Hey Caroline, can you have a quick look in your k2 admin panel > Parameters and see if there is any entry in the Change root attachments folder?

• that library
More
14 years 13 hours ago #82998 by that library
...over 400 :( But on the upside, I already have the entries published so all I have to do is find the file on my various hard drives and attach it. I have about a thousand that I haven't already done, so at least this happened now and not once I've already done those!