Keyword

Recently migrated hosts - now ALL files have become unattached in K2!

More
14 years 9 hours ago #82999 by william white
I think Marty may be wondering if you have something pointed wrong in the paramaters that might just fix it
and
I think Simon is trying to find out if the files were included in the backup you have, were they restored correctly, as there could be a way to ftp them to the correct location if they are not already there and pointed incorrectly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 hours ago #83000 by Simon Wells
Thanks for clarify William, I think you know me too well now ;)

As always, trying to look at things from a different angle, from experience, loosing all the attamnets, images on K2Joom was and still is a nightmare, all will be changing at K2Joom real soon ;)

Simon
K2 Support

William White said:I think Marty may be wondering if you have something pointed wrong in the paramaters that might just fix it and
I think Simon is trying to find out if the files were included in the backup you have, were they restored correctly, as there could be a way to ftp them to the correct location if they are not already there and pointed incorrectly

More
14 years 3 hours ago #83001 by Marty Peet
Yep, you're right William. Carolyn, if, as you say, the files are still reading as linked in the Admin backend, but you get the message 'File doesn't exist' in the front then it sounds as if the link to the file still exists, but it's pointing to a location that the file isn't at. It's just a matter of finding out what folder it is pointing to and uploading the files to that location. I'd experiment with one file. Upload it to the media/k2/attachments folder and then see if the link for that file from your sites front end works i.e. look at one of your items that has an attachment. Upload that attachment to the folder mentioned above, check the attachment link from the front end. If it doesn't you need to find the folder it is pointing to and upload all your attachments there

Can you post the URL Carolyn? There may be a path that can be found somewhere from the error message?

K2Joom said:Thanks for clarify William, I think you know me too well now ;)
As always, trying to look at things from a different angle, from experience, loosing all the attamnets, images on K2Joom was and still is a nightmare, all will be changing at K2Joom real soon ;)

Simon
K2 Support

William White said:I think Marty may be wondering if you have something pointed wrong in the paramaters that might just fix it and I think Simon is trying to find out if the files were included in the backup you have, were they restored correctly, as there could be a way to ftp them to the correct location if they are not already there and pointed incorrectly

More
14 years 3 hours ago #83002 by Marty Peet
Hey Carolyn, apologies for the previous URL request, visited your site. You have SEF turned on, so the links to your docs are being translated, no path to see. I'm not sure whether or not this will affect your file location or whether or not you can fix this with a simple file upload, but you may want to keep it in mind.

Your links
www.nwolibrary.com/library/download/file.php?id=254&sid=feaae3c0d1cdb8501abc2198dc697b5f

Links without SEF
omanugolf.co.nz/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=70:club-communique&Itemid=117

• that library
  • that library's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #83003 by that library
Marty, William and Simon, thank you all.

Simon, no unfortunately, I don't have access to the files on the old host anymore. And my new hosting company was the one who was transferring the files via SSH, but they made sure I wouldn't hold them liable if anything went wrong. I trusted them and didn't think to check this particular folder, and now it's too late!

Marty, I don't see within parameters of K2 anywhere that delineates where the attachments are kept, however, in the Joomla! site's global configuration, under "Media Settings" the "path to media folder" = images. I have looked in that folder and there are no .pdf files, only images, and no 'attachments' folder like there is in media/k2/attachments...

So it looks like I'm joint going to continue re-attaching. No biggie, I got a lot done yesterday!

More
13 years 11 months ago #83004 by Marty Peet
Hey C, that's a shocker!!! from the hosting company I mean. I would HIGHLY recommend you install the Akeeba site backup/restore component, I've been using it for ages, never had a problem, and gives me peace of mind knowing that I can migrate/restore any of my sites in under an hour, sometimes in less than 10 minutes. I'd also try what I suggested earlier, upload a file into the folder that your new linkages are currently putting your attachments and see if the link from your sites front end works, could save you heaps of time, and there's only a limited amount of that available ;-] RE the k2 settings I mentioned? Inside the k2 admin, there are 2 icon's in the top right hand corner, Import Joomla Content and Parameters. Click on the Parameters icon, scroll WAY DOWN to the Advanced Settings group and you'll see under SEF stuff the Change root attachments folder. Settings here allow you to change the location of the media/k2/attachments folder....

All for now, have fun with the re-attaching stuff ;-] Ka kite ano

Carolyn Harris said:Marty, William and Simon, thank you all.
Simon, no unfortunately, I don't have access to the files on the old host anymore. And my new hosting company was the one who was transferring the files via SSH, but they made sure I wouldn't hold them liable if anything went wrong. I trusted them and didn't think to check this particular folder, and now it's too late!

Marty, I don't see within parameters of K2 anywhere that delineates where the attachments are kept, however, in the Joomla! site's global configuration, under "Media Settings" the "path to media folder" = images. I have looked in that folder and there are no .pdf files, only images, and no 'attachments' folder like there is in media/k2/attachments...

So it looks like I'm joint going to continue re-attaching. No biggie, I got a lot done yesterday!

• that library
  • that library's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #83005 by that library
Thank you, Marty, I see what you mean in the Parameters! I don't want to change anything now - I just finally finished re-attaching all the files. So now we move to the next phase of making entries of the 1000+ other documents I have, LOL

So, I look on my file tree on the server and the files are in media/k2/attachments, where they should be =)

Thanks again, everyone, for all of your help! I hope to return the favor one day~