Keyword

Simon Says Artisteer makes him cry...

More
13 years 10 months ago #84483 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Simon Says Artisteer makes him cry...
Looks good..

Sorry I have not responded directly regarding your comments, it needs time to reply, which is tight at the moment.

Speak soon.

Simon
K2 Support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard Marks
  • Richard Marks's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #84484 by Richard Marks
Replied by Richard Marks on topic Simon Says Artisteer makes him cry...
Hey no problem. This tends to be a busy time for alot of people. Looking forward to your reply when you get a chance.

• Richard Marks
  • Richard Marks's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #84485 by Richard Marks
Replied by Richard Marks on topic Simon Says Artisteer makes him cry...
Today I'm trying to figure out how to use the css4k2 plugin to load my k2-tech_style.css for the "user item" listing (the list of items published by a particular author when you click the author's name link).

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said in TemplatingFurther micro themes can then be created by copying one of these folders and then renaming the new copy to something like AvanteProducts. The files within that folder can then be modified to suit how that section of the site should look, with elements being removed, moved are restyled with additional css.

That sounds like what I need, but the above article doesn't say where the css for each of the micro themes is placed. The default K2 template provides variations via the php files within the "default" (i.e. avanteProducts) folder, but that relates to the layout / structure not the css. If there is one css file per K2 template, which is what I suspect, then how do I get my k2-tech_style.css stylesheet loaded by the css4k2 plugin for ALL K2 content, cartegories, views, lists etc?

In essence, I need to replace the k2.css file so my replacement is used for ALL K2 content, but what is the correct way to do that? Obviously I could just change the k2.css (+ k2_ie6.css & k2_ie7.css?) files directly under components/com_k2, but that doesn't seem like the right way to do things. Although I'd prefer a more segregated install scheme, at least I can encapsulate K2 styling with my standard Joomla template as a single unit and install it as a standard extension.

Another option might be to write a plugin similar to c224k2 that essentially replaces the standard k2.css for all K2 content, ignoring the "micro" theme trigger.