Keyword

Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab

More
10 years 7 months ago #89618 by cloacker
I encountered the same problem Unable to upload images frontend or backend through K2 Image tab. This client has its own server which has two joomla 1.5 sites, with K2 v2.5.5 and other components.

Whenever i tried to upload an image i got immediate blank white page. I set the maximum level of error reporting but again the pages were blank with no visible Errors. Tried a lot of stuff, setting php.ini variables, modifying permissions, etc. It didn't mather which picture format (png, jpeg) or file size (100KB or. 2,5MB) i tried, the result was the same.

After some time I found that in backend K2 settings->Images tab -> Advanced Image Settings -> Enforce memory limit (in MBs) for image processing was set to 32MB. Deleting this value and taking the server set limit fixed this problem for me.

Now i can only upload images with small size but at least I get php errors about time-out for larger images. Have to find a solution for that now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #89619 by Andrea
I have the same problem, but the solution provided above doesn't solve it :( I already increase PHP upload limit and timeout, but still the same problem: white page when I upload images bigger than about 2 MB. Any idea why? Thank you so much in advance!!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #89620 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab
It still causes memory related errors. Normally your images should not be that big. You can try increasing the memory size or trimming down your images.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 6 months ago #89621 by Andrea
Tyvm for your answer. Do you mean "memory_limit" in PHP settings? It's 500M actually...

More
10 years 6 months ago #89622 by Andrea
Yaaaaah, solved it! This is my php.ini file:
upload_max_filesize = 20M
memory_limit = 500M
max_execution_time = 120
post_max_size = 24M

Now also images bigger than 2 MB are uploaded without any problems :)

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #89623 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab
That's actually really, I mean really high so that is not the issue in your case.
I suggest you contact your hosting provider about this.

PHP's libraries for image processing can be quite intensive sometimes so that might cause an issue with your current hosting setup.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)