Keyword

K2 User udpates "my account" and gets 404 pg error

More
11 years 5 months ago #106103 by JT
Hi,

I have had some recent problems.
1. When a K2 user on my site logs in as a K2 user and tries to update "my account", he gets a 404 page error after selecting "Save". Any ideas on how to fix.
2. I disabled recaptcha on my site in Jomsocial but kept it for K2. When a user tries to create a Jomsocial account, there is a hidden & invisible recaptcha that blocks Jomsocial registration. The recaptcha comes from K2. I have no idea why that appears. When the registration fails, the site redirects to a K2 user registration page instead of staying in Jomsocial. I had to completely disable recaptcha & now many spammers are registering on the site. Any ideas?
3. How do I keep the Jomsocial & K2 users separate so that JS users only use JS and K2 users only use the K2 features?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #106104 by Gregwh

JT wrote: Hi,

I have had some recent problems.
1. When a K2 user on my site logs in as a K2 user and tries to update "my account", he gets a 404 page error after selecting "Save". Any ideas on how to fix.
2. I disabled recaptcha on my site in Jomsocial but kept it for K2. When a user tries to create a Jomsocial account, there is a hidden & invisible recaptcha that blocks Jomsocial registration. The recaptcha comes from K2. I have no idea why that appears. When the registration fails, the site redirects to a K2 user registration page instead of staying in Jomsocial. I had to completely disable recaptcha & now many spammers are registering on the site. Any ideas?
3. How do I keep the Jomsocial & K2 users separate so that JS users only use JS and K2 users only use the K2 features?
Thanks.

Your Save problem is fixed by going into K2 and then Parameters then click on Advanced tab. Under there you will see the option "Profile edit redirect". This controls the page the user sees after editing their own details. You have likely set it to a page that no longer exists on your site. Set it to the main menu or unset it so it doesnt go to any particular page.

I dont use Jomsocial so I cant answer the rest, sorry.

More
11 years 5 months ago #106105 by JT
Thanks for suggestion. Didn't work.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #106106 by kourosava
"1. When a K2 user on my site logs in as a K2 user and tries to update "my account", he gets a 404 page error after selecting "Save". Any ideas on how to fix. "

Any solution? I have the same problem

More
11 years 5 months ago #106107 by JT
It was a problem with the calendar. Links to this plugin files were wrong and it was giving an error. Scan the site's files looking for the calendar name, check the code line by line and fix what is wrong. That is how the problem was fixed. Good luck.

• Pocket Money Marketing
More
11 years 5 months ago #106108 by Pocket Money Marketing
Replied by Pocket Money Marketing on topic Re: K2 User udpates "my account" and gets 404 pg error
what is the 'calendar name'?

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #106109 by Abdulelah
Hi there.

I can also confirm the same problem.

I want to add the following points:

1. profile editing from backend is working properly without a problem.

2. K2 Advanced tab ==>Profile edit redirect was found at first not selecting any menu items and corrected to select main page but still it didn't fix the 404 error.

3. I've tested removing .htaccess file and all SEO setting were set to no with no results.

4. I've also deactivated jomsocial "jomsocialredirect" plugin which is used to force all user registration to be done through jomsocial and it didn't help.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can help as due to this problem I can't publish k2 user module until this issue is resolved.

Thanks

More
11 years 5 months ago #106110 by Micael Blume
I can also confirm but I have some additional information:

We are using a JoomlArt template and if I change to a preinstalled template like Beez5 it works. It seems that the problem in some way is connected to the template.

• Pocket Money Marketing
More
11 years 5 months ago #106111 by Pocket Money Marketing
Replied by Pocket Money Marketing on topic Re: K2 User udpates "my account" and gets 404 pg error
I am also using a Joomlart template. I didn't try with a different template. Probably should have. I am using Community Builder with the CB Blogs plugin. That fixed the problem and allowed users to build a better profile.

Thanks for the info on the Joomlart template. I will keep that in mind.

More
11 years 3 months ago #106112 by Mary Stremmel
Replied by Mary Stremmel on topic Re: K2 User udpates "my account" and gets 404 pg error
I am having the same problem after the latest update. The user profile redirect is not redirecting or saving properly on the front end.

I do not have any other social program running (Jomsocial is not it)
I do not have any SEF program running (sh404SEF is not it)

There is simply something going wrong when updating.