Keyword

**SOLVED!!** Minor Issues after latest update!

• Sarah Allen
  • Sarah Allen's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #125937 by Sarah Allen
Replied by Sarah Allen on topic Re: Minor Issues after latest update! Please HELP!

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: As i guessed one of the menu links is your home page. K2 resolves that for this category and that's why the URLs have this form. Since the URL of the category of the item is your home page ( / ) K2 just appends the item to the category URLs. So it's all a matter of setup. If you want this category to be to another page then you need to change the default menu link. Also creating multiple menu links which point to the same category is a bad practice in terms of SEO.

Hi again,
Thanks for your help!
I have now come to the conclusion that I cannot use K2 on my front page without this issue, so I have switched the menu item back to a "Show Featured Articles" from Joomla. I have removed all Joomla content in the article manager so only K2 has content on the site - the homepage now shows up blank except for modules. I checked the category list under Public Notices & Media Releases and the articles now open in the correct page.
Now that is working, I have published my News Show Pro SP2 module back to the front page and it is pulling the Public Notices & Media Releases AND! they are opening in the correct page and not the home page :)

I have also deleted the "Hidden" menu item for Public Notices & Media Releases and now there are only 2 menu items linking to the category - 1 for the desktop site and one for the Mobile Joomla site.

I understand what you mean in regards to so many links to the same category, but as we need the latest 5 or so articles placed on the front page and then the full category list on another menu item, we need the extra menu item links.

Well, I think we might be able to safely say that the issue is resolved! :woohoo:
Thankyou so very much for all your help and patience! It has been very much appreciated! :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #125938 by Lefteris
You are welcome.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.